Hemo changes cus its popular?

#0 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I heard bliz have changed hemo cus to many rogues were getting it?? this makes no sense to me can sone explain if this is or is not true??
#2 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The dev's "felt" it was overpowered and opted to nerf it since too many people specced it and they felt it was OP.

Imo nerf air by 15% everyone breath's it

To clarify we don't simply make changes to an ability because it becomes popular. The changes done to hemorrhage (lowering its damage) is being done because we never intended for hemo rogues to do more damage, rather, our goal was to make the subtlety tree a viable alternative to combat and assassination. What resulted however, was not an increased number of subtlety rogues, but an increased number of rogues going just far enough down the subtlety tree to get hemorrhage.

We intend to tweak subtlety some more in upcoming patches, but ultimately won’t be able to flesh it out until Wrath of the Lich King.
#14 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
'

So now instead of fixing talents below hemo you nerf it so nobody specs subtlety again? What's the sense in that?

We intend to improve subtlety so that the tree does serve as a viable alternative to combat and assassination.

#18 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I like how he replies to a level 3, and ALL the other posts get ignored.

When I reply to a post, I'm speaking to everyone.
#27 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You had already accomplished that.

Then you nerfed it.

Bravo.

Hemorrhage was intended to give heavy subtlety rogues some added damage, and to give the overall tree some additional appeal. Instead, many rogues just went down to the new hemo and ignored the rest. Our goal now is to make further improvements to the tree as a whole, so it has enough appeal and viability to compete with combat and assassination. Major changes will likely not come before the expansion, but we are looking in to more immediate tweaks as well.
#46 - Dec. 12, 2007, 8:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
DAMN IT NOW I HAVE TO REINSTATE MY ACCOUNT. and buy WOTLK .............Icwhutudidther blizzard

You wouldn't need to purchase the expansion to have access to any talent changes it brings about. It will work much like Burning Crusade in this regard.
#212 - Dec. 12, 2007, 10:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I realize that most of the people using the official forums are dumb. Lord knows I've made myself e-famous by bashing them, but do you *honestly* think that any of us are fooled by your posts in this thread?

"People were only going down to Hemo and then stopping!"

Every PvP warrior with 3 braincells has gone down to MS and Second wind since the day TBC launched. If you *really* were trying to prevent "half-treeing" like you claim, that would have been adjusted. Instead, you moved one of the "key" abilities from a different tree INTO the tree they were already using.

Honestly, just cut the crap and give us the real reason. We're not as retarded as you seem to think.

When a class doesn’t feel it’s gaining anything when they spec deeper in a tree (to a 41 pt talent, for example), that is an issue. We tried to accomplish this for warriors with moving death wish to arms, by adding focused will to discipline, etc. The results can sometimes be mixed. There are definitely many more discipline priests now than a few patches ago, but not as many 41-pt talent arms warriors as there were before.

We want there to be more subtlety rogues, and we’re working to improve the tree. One way was to give the tree more damage, through hemorrhage. Unfortunately, that didn’t really improve the tree because everyone just stopped with the AR/Prep spec. What resulted was an increased power of the rogue class as a whole (not just the subtlety spec), which was unintended.