Recap of Priest Concerns and Suggestions

#0 - Feb. 26, 2007, 12:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
They claim they want feedback; we've been giving it for months but now that they actually seem to be paying some semblance of attention, let's recap. Please add your own...

Lightwell
Largely disregarded in current form. Needs cooldown reduction OR scaling with +healing; AND debuff upon clicking that prevents from future clicks until effect has worn off.

Power Word: Shield
Scales very poorly at 70. Needs higher base damage absorption, and possibly scaling with +healing.

Inner Fire
Charges consumed too quickly. Charge system largely deemed to be ridiculous. Scales awfully at 70.

Circle of Healilng
Regarded as worthless. Replace with new 41-point talent; one suggestion is one that increases spell haste and mana regen for 15sec on a 5min cooldown (this is just one of many ideas that have been offered). If CoH is left in game, mana cost should be reduced and +healing coefficient increased; also makes sense for this spell to benefit from Healing Prayers, as it does from Holy Reach.

Holy Tree as a whole
Too many passive abilities, too many overall options that offer only minor boosts, not streamlined, weak 11/21/31/41 point talents. We want active choices like Nature's Swiftness, Innervate, etc.

Discipline Tree as a whole
Poor flow and point allocation--too many 5-point talents that should be reduced to 3-point.

Mana Regeneration
Meditation too vital to be a 3rd-tier Discipline tree--make innate priest ability. Talent similar to paladins' mana refund on crit heals is one possible solution.

Prayer of Mending
Preemptive heals are a life-saver in PvE. Please don't nerf just because of arenas. In fact, give us more preemptive options like these. PoM was getting spammed in arenas as a symptom of the awful scaling of Inner Fire/PW:S. Fix them and the spamming goes away--don't nerf PoM in PvE.

Shadow Raiding
Imp VE, VT, Misery, and Silent Resolve made shadow raiding not just viable but ideal. Please don't nerf/ruin this for the shadow priests. They can and should have a place in raids.

Priests vs. the Hybrids
Priests were once the strongest and purest healing class with only one tree that was for damage/survivability. We are now, with 61 points in healing/utility talents, getting outhealed by hybrids with 41 points in healing trees and as much as 20 points in damage trees. They can solo, AND outheal those of us who are pure healing and can't solo? And wear leather/mail/plate? This is ridiculous.

Fade
Does not scale with aggro and +healing at 70. This ability is already worthless in PvP; the unusual aggro tables in many 70 instances make it very ineffective in PvE as well.

Shadowfiend
Better scaling from pure +healing gear instead of only +damage gear. Perhaps base around priest's spirit, intellect, of mana regen stats instead. Fix targetting AI.

Tooltips
Tooltips do not accurately reflect Improved Fortitude and Improved Divine Spirit. Gift of the Naaru not explicitly stated to be a holy spell, creating confusion as to why draenei cannot cast it in Shadowform.

Priest Racials
The racial system is superfluous and is not present in any other class in the game, so why priests? So many of the racials are deemed far superior to the others to the extent that they are chosen over the basic racial benefits of one class to another. Night Elves and Trolls received the shortest end of the stick; Blood Elves and Humans are not far behind. Grant all priests access to Fear Ward, Devouring Plague, and Desperate Prayer and remove all other racial priest abilities. Other alternatives are to simply reconsider Night Elf racials and grant Horde a Fear Ward race.

Binding Heal
A good start but still limited utility. Something more in line with shaman's Chain Heal might be more appropriate. Others have suggested some means of healing any two targets at once; not just self and other target. Other options are providing multiple ranks of this spell for downranking.

For an index of other players' posts that cover many of these topics in more depth, please refer to this thread:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=79201204&sid=1

Note: I will not be updating this original post now that it has been tagged and forwarded, but please keep suggestions and discussion going in this thread.

-Edited the title.- Nethaera
#116 - Feb. 26, 2007, 8:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This is a nice post and I'm tagging it and will forward it off with the other feedback going out.

*Yes, it IS getting forwarded yet again. Sorry but that's all I can do until we get more answers back ourselves.
#141 - Feb. 26, 2007, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

k, but I do have a question Neth: Can you bring cookies next time you come to the priest forums? Juice too!

I think I have white chocolate chips and cocoa powder at home to make white chocolate chip cookies with. I'm not sure I have enough to send to everyone though. ;/

What kind of juice? Usually milk goes far better with cookies but I know some people like odd things with theirs.