Pyschic Scream BROKEN

#0 - Aug. 22, 2007, 4:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist. Resist.

Priests are fine, l2DIE.

Seriously, why does my Pyschic Scream resist 90% of the time in Arena. Shouldn't this spell be useful to save me? Its frustrating enough to make me not want to play.

Edit: FIRST
#6 - Aug. 22, 2007, 5:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not broken. There are a lot of various ways to counter it, however.

Just think how exciting it can be using psychic scream and having a warrior counter and be right back in your face with a big sharp object. ;)

#39 - Aug. 22, 2007, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Woah Woah Woah. Exciting for who?

I don't find having a warrior slice my head off with an axe after I used a poorly designed CC mechanic "exciting".

There are many aspects to look at in regard to whether it's a "poorly designed" CC or not. For PvP, there was a conscientious choice to try to minimize the effect that CCs have. Balance is something that we are aware of being of importance to players on both sides of the equation.

For a PvE aspect, it's a far more effective mechanic. Perhaps sometimes too much so in that choosing to AoE fear at the wrong time or too near other mobs is going to get you a few more unwanted mobs coming to visit you.

That said, the effectiveness of Psychic Scream and the concerns of the community are known given all the available counters to it. As I'm sure you all know, fear and its ability for any class capable of using it, is always a concern for those that feel they don't have sufficient countermeasures available to them. There is always going to be someone on either side that is going to take issue with it unless somehow, overnight, everyone wakes up in total agreement with each other.

Please do take my previous comment in the humor it was intended as. ;) I can tell you, I've had many occassion of which I've experienced the very same excitement and had to adjust for it.
#58 - Aug. 22, 2007, 5:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
By no means was I mocking. I can assure you. Apparently, I just didn't set up my /humorsarcasm as well as I intended.

I did want to spur some conversation based on this though to see people's thoughts and ideas on what they think would help out.

I often see people say "give us a way to escape", but not too often do I see ideas beyond that.

The latest thing I've seen mentioned was a change to Psychic Scream to a Horror Effect which currently is used for NPCs. So thinking on that a bit, what could be done (if such a thing were possible) that would make it not overpowered and capable of being countered in some way?

What other means of "escape" do people feel would be "priestly". I am by no means promising changes based on the discussion, but sometimes there are bits and pieces of information and discussion that could take root and seed an idea that could work in the eyes of the Development team.
#85 - Aug. 22, 2007, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sleep perhaps?

An improvement to our fairly weak PW:S perhaps?

A class based spell/ability to purge physical and poison based snares perhaps?

Slightly improved passive damage mitigation perhaps?

We have these discussions everyday here in our forums Neth, with all due respect, perhaps you guys need to start paying closer attention?

We're aware of the discussions. But please keep in mind how many posts are created on each forum. We do what we can to read as much as possible along with doing our other duties.

PW:S isn't so weak when you get reflective sheild.

Not everyone will have the availability to counter things like poison, disease, or curses. That's a consideration when deciding who can get what abilities. It's still an MMO so it's expected that players will need to rely on others for those things.

For those that want to 'translate' my words, please don't. Feedback does get carried to the development team. They may not always agree, but that doesn't mean that those ideas don't germinate into other ideas and features that can be implemented at some point in time.
#152 - Aug. 22, 2007, 6:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'd like people to keep in mind a couple more things when discussing their thoughts. Whatever ideas you may have, need to also be considered for PvE as well.

Also, we have made mention that the Discipline Tree is something we plan to work on to find a way to better define it as its own tree a bit better. There are more changes being planned pre-expansion to some things on a smaller scale while any larger changes will most likely come with the expansion. So please consider that as well when discussing things.

I ask this to those that are looking to still utilize fear as the primary CC, why does fear have to be the primary CC? What are you looking to get out of it? Some people have said they use it for escape. Others use it for controlling others in PvP. Is it simply a survival mechanism, an escape mechanism, or is it how you win in PvP?

There are many good points in this thread and I'd like to continue them. For those that feel the need to express concern over my posting, you may use wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com to do so. Please don't use this thread as a soap box in that regard.
#162 - Aug. 22, 2007, 6:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Maybe you missed Blizzcon. Tigole specifically said he is more interested in the problems and not the solutions, and that this is the best way to give feedback. We have also been told numerous times that Blizzard is not allowed to take direct suggestions due to legal issues.

Your disconnect with the developers and the priest community is why so many people are dismayed.

Problems can be seen within ideas of what people feel the solutions are. Sometimes those ideas bettter define what people see as being the root problem. There is no disconnect, but keep in mind, my job is to confer information back and forth where I can. Also, as a part of what we do, we help foster discussion on the forums.

We're having a discussion here about what people see as problems, why they see them as problems, and what sort of things they see as solutions to those problems. People from many angles can learn from the sharing of these sorts of ideas and are much healthier discussions than most.
#301 - Aug. 22, 2007, 9:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The posting cap for this thread has been expanded.