Patch notes 2.4 from the mage forums.

#3 - Jan. 4, 2008, 9:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
lol @ how fake they are
#44 - Jan. 4, 2008, 6:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Any patch notes you see right now that aren't posted on our forums (by a Blizzard Entertainment Employee) or on our website are fake. We'll let you know when we have 2.4 notes for you all.
#49 - Jan. 4, 2008, 7 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
A blue post guys!!!!! Quick, spam questions at him before he decides to go in hibernation!

I haven't gone anywhere. :) We are ever present even if we aren't always "all-knowing". We're kind of like cats, sort of...
#54 - Jan. 4, 2008, 7:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
It Doesn't seem like anyone could actually go through the time to fake these though....could they?

Oh, they can and they do. Some people are very creative and can easily do a copy/paste of old notes, emulate the style and do their best to fool others. Some do it as a means to prompt discussion on what they'd like to see happen.

Overall though, we have suspended people from the forums before when they attempt to post unreleased notes whether real or fake. We do our best to limit any misinformation that others may try to spread as well as maintain a reliable source for players to come to by posting official notes when they are available to be made public.
#84 - Jan. 4, 2008, 9:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
My post was deleted? lol

I don't see any missing posts unless you're referring to another post elsewhere.

You have also caught on to my villainous plan and dastardly ways. Whatever will I do???

Yes, I'm a "she" to those that are just now catching that. Not that it matters too much unless you want to refer to me correctly.

It's easy to create fake notes because it doesn't require any real testing to show where the flaws are or where the potential abuses come from. Game balance is easy when it doesn't actually affect the game and is simply theory. It's taking it from concept and theory to realization that is difficult.

Don't worry though, we are still reading and watching the feedback thread at the top among many other things.

Also, for the person that thought we hadn't posted here since October, it's been since last year.... December of last year, but if it makes you feel better, you can say it's been since last year. ;)