So Kaplan hints at PvP "balancing" in 2.4

#1 - Dec. 21, 2007, 4:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say there is going to be a lot of "give and take" so to speak.

I'd expect shamans get the most changes as they are still considered by all classes to be the least viable arena class except for 1 build in 1 bracket. I believe the reason shamans don't recieve buffs is because of the huge amount of support they provide to a 5 man group. Heroism/BL and totems are among the best offensive buffs in the game.

The problem with heroism/BL is that its so powerful its hard to buff the shamans themselves anymore because if you buff shamans without taking heroism/BL into account, shamans become gods for the duration of the ability.

And most totems just aren't strong enough to warrant the time/mana spent on them. Grounding, Windfury, and Earthbind are about the only totems every spec uses consistently. The fire totems are used by elemental and maybe enhance but cost far too much mana for restos to use max rank when mana is so precious and the low mana searing can break CCs. And mana tide is a talented totem which is killed before all the ticks get out anyways.

First off, I think its absurd an elemental shaman needs to have 4/5 S3 to get push back resistance on a single spell.

A) There needs to be a deep elemental talent that gives 70% interrupt resist with all lightning spells.

B) Shamanistic rage needs to have a 30 second cooldown a 5-10 second duration and remove snares and increase movement speed by 60%. While still retaining the same mana return per amount of time and damage reduction.

C) Resto shamans need 100% uninterrupted heals all the time. Earth shield needs to be 5 charges, and a low enough mana cost to be used effectively as an instant heal. Say it heals for 750-850 for well geared arena shamans per charge and it costs 200-300 mana. Still fully dispellable. If prayer of mending can heal for 1300-1500 on a single target and bounce to 5 others then shamans can get earth shield like this.

Easy fixes imo and non are OP worthy.

Its going to take some genius to really balance this game into an FPS type balanced state.

EDIT - LOL wrong forum. What I get for posting at 2 am.
#38 - Dec. 21, 2007, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Does that mean the same 4 classes; warriors, warlocks, hunters and rogues will see major tweaks and everyone else will be left out?

The community knows which specs/classes needs help in PvP, and it isnt those. So lets hope that when blizzard talks about PvP "balancing" its not to balance a few and forget the rest.

I can't shed anymore light on this at this point in time, but we'll be doing our best to get more information to everyone as we can. 2.4 should prove to be a solid and (hopefully) fun patch. We'll definitely be encouraging everyone to hop into the test realms and check it all out.
#104 - Dec. 21, 2007, 9:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

When will the test realms be up?

No ETA as of yet, but we will definitely let everyone know when the time comes so we can maximize the test period.
#114 - Dec. 21, 2007, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Can you give us maybe one tidbit of information? A sampler, if you will.

Perhaps an appetizer.

Just for us, your best buds.

Not yet. Sorry. No little thin mint for you yet.
#117 - Dec. 21, 2007, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

If I send the devs a Klondike bar will they at least talk-over some spell pushback resistance? ;)

Edit for grammar =O.

Strange unrelated fact to the thread, did you know at one point in time Klondike bars weren't available west of the rockies. Sad but true.

But no, Klondike bars aren't going to work. You'll have to go with making impelling arguments. ;)