Kalgan: Questions about TBC...

#0 - Oct. 4, 2006, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please, provide any reasonable questions here, as I believe based on the Blue text flying in other forums that they'll be paying us a visit soon.

Some questions I have:

• 1) What is the proc rate/chance to proc of Seal of Vengeance?

• 2) Does Judgement of Vengeance use melee or spell crit rate?

• 3) Can Seal of Blood's Holy damage crit? If so, does it use melee or spell crit rate? Can Judgement of Blood crit? If so, melee or spell crit rate?

• 4) The Paladin class was balanced around DS, as said previously by members of the design team. Is AW the answer to DS being dispellable by MD, or was it really that you thought it would be overpowered in Arena combat?

• 5) Will Judgement of Wisdom and Light be recieving +damage&healing coefficients?

• 6) Spell-lock has always been the most serious issue for Paladins as the class is defined by having a single school. Is there a chance we'll be seeing any more additional abilities added which will function outside of spell-lock?

• 7) Purge/Dispell has also been a serious issue for members of this class, is there a chance we'll see any more increased defense against these spells aside from Stoicism? One of my favorite suggestions by another player was to allow Eye for an Eye to silence the caster for a short period of time.

• 8) Often posted on the board is that Sanctified Crusader is not worthy of a 41 point ability. Obviously you feel differently, but perhaps you can give us a greater understanding of how critical strike mechanics will work (in terms of crit rating) to allow us to reassess our feelings on the talent?

• 9) Will Dwarves ever get real animations? I mean really, throw them a bone, especially Dwarf Female Paladins...

• 10) Will Paladins be recieving racial spells similar to Priests?

• 11) I'm sure many future Blood Knights would like to know if there will be an equivalent to Verigan's Fist for them when they reach level 20. So?

• 12) Gnome Paladins? You know you want them.

• 13) Being more serious, now that both Shaman and Paladins are on each side, we've seen the two classes (thankfullly) diverge a bit. However, will we be seeing the Paladin class becoming more closely linked to the Warrior class?

• 14) From Flibble: Sanctified Crusader reads "all attacks," does this mean spells, ranged, and melee attacks or only a subset of these three?

• 15) What are the chances that we'll get a small mechanics change: that debuff Judgements (JoW, JoL, JotC, JoJ) will be refreshed not only by melee attacks but also DD Judgements?

• 16) Can you explain in a little more detail the mechanics of Crusader Strike? Is it physical damage, holy damage, a bit of both?

Thanks for your time.
#82 - Oct. 12, 2006, 8:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Please, provide any reasonable questions here, as I believe based on the Blue text flying in other forums that they'll be paying us a visit soon.

Some questions I have:

• What is the proc rate/chance to proc of Seal of Vengeance?

• Does Judgement of Vengeance use melee or spell crit rate?

• Can Seal of Blood's Holy damage crit? If so, does it use melee or spell crit rate? Can Judgement of Blood crit? If so, melee or spell crit rate?

• The Paladin class was balanced around DS, as said previously by members of the design team. Is AW the answer to DS being dispellable by MD, or was it really that you thought it would be overpowered in Arena combat?

• Will Judgement of Wisdom and Light be recieving +damage&healing coefficients?

• Spell-lock has always been the most serious issue for Paladins as the class is defined by having a single school. Is there a chance we'll be seeing any more additional abilities added which will function outside of spell-lock?

• Purge/Dispell has also been a serious issue for members of this class, is there a chance we'll see any more increased defense against these spells aside from Stoicism? One of my favorite suggestions by another player was to allow Eye for an Eye to silence the caster for a short period of time.

• Often posted on the board is that Sanctified Crusader is not worthy of a 41 point ability. Obviously you feel differently, but perhaps you can give us a greater understanding of how critical strike mechanics will work (in terms of crit rating) to allow us to reassess our feelings on the talent?

• Will Dwarves ever get real animations? I mean really, throw them a bone, especially Dwarf Female Paladins...

• Will Paladins be recieving racial spells similar to Priests?

• I'm sure many future Blood Knights would like to know if there will be an equivalent to Verigan's Fist for them when they reach level 20. So?

• Gnome Paladins? You know you want them.

• Being more serious, now that both Shaman and Paladins are on each side, we've seen the two classes (thankfullly) diverge a bit. However, will we be seeing the Paladin class becoming more closely linked to the Warrior class?

• From Flibble: Sanctified Crusader reads "all attacks," does this mean spells, ranged, and melee attacks or only a subset of these three?

• What are the chances that we'll get a small mechanics change: that debuff Judgements (JoW, JoL, JotC, JoJ) will be refreshed not only by melee attacks but also DD Judgements?

• Can you explain in a little more detail the mechanics of Crusader Strike? Is it physical damage, holy damage, a bit of both?

Thanks for your time.

Ok, here we go (btw this would be easier if you had used numbered bullets)... ;]

1. 20 procs per min

2. Spell crit.

3. Yes, SoB $ JoB can crit using melee crit.

4. AW is simply designed to give you more flexibility, and would have been made regardless of the dispel change. However, the MD change gives us more freedom to add controlable damage like Crusader Strike.

5. No, we feel they're strong enough as-is.

6. You mean like Crusader Strike? ;]

7. The balance on this one is always going to be on a razor's edge. Push Stoicism a little too far, and the dispels suddenly feel underpowered. No plans to change this just yet, but always evaluating.

8. Agreed and solved (hopefully not over-solved at that). ;]

9. Hrm, I'll bring that up with the animators.

10. No. With the paladin we decided to focus more on adding a little distinction between Alliance/Horde paladins rather than introduce the kind of balance dangers we've seen in the priest racials.

11. We hope so.

12. Afraid not. :P

13. With respect to tanking, definitely. We do expect warriors to be able to output a meaningfully higher amount of dps though (as they're the "tank/dps" hybrid and paladins are the "healer/tank" hybrids... but please don't infer anything from the order those were listed in).

14. Yes, it includes all types of crit.

15. Not planning on it atm, but won't rule it out.

16. It's 100% physical damage.
#146 - Oct. 12, 2006, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm going to add the questions from my thread to your thread, in hopes that at least one of our threads will get read. My thread is here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=30087709&sid=1

Questions
Snowwight
1. Will Righteous Defense have similar aggro-gain properties to Taunt, or is it more like Challenging Shout?
2. Will spells cast under divine illumination regain full mana when they crit, or half mana?
3. Is Seal of Blood based on weapon damage, or weapon swing damage(AP included)? Does it have a spell coefficient?
4. Does judging seal of vengeance expend the charges accumulated? What kind of spell coefficient does it have?
5. Many are concerned with the paladin's pvp viability in an expansion where everybody has more health and potentially, DS is dispellable and DoTs are not(without heavy penalty). Would you say that the paladin's capability for solo pvp has increased or decreased in the expansion? What about group pvp?

Zolf
1. Will Avenging Wrath be dispelable?
2. Will Blessing of Spell Warding be dispelable?
3. Will Judgment of Justice act as a snare; IE: harmstring?
4. Will Reckoning proc Seal of Command?

Snowwhite
1. The effect is identical to Taunt.

2. Full mana.

3. It's based on the total white damage, no additional coefficient.

4. No, the charges are not expended when you judge JoV, .429 coefficient (like JoC).

5. Interesting, it seems every class has that thought. In my experience, it makes PvP feel much more like it did before anyone had epics, certainly not broken.

Zolf
1. Yes.

2. That spell doesn't exist. So...

3. No, it is not in the Snare category (or any category for that matter), as it doesn't slow anything that isn't moving faster than normal anyways.

4. It can.
#165 - Oct. 12, 2006, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Kalgan, another question. You said that the Blessing of Spell Warding doesn't exit, however, it is shown in the combat log of the Avenging Wrath screenshot on the preview site. See for yourself:

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/info/classes/bc-paladin/spells.html

"You gain Blessing of Spell Warding"

So, what really happened to the spell?

We removed it. The world (of warcraft) isn't ready for it.