Need a response on endgame tanking

#0 - March 8, 2007, 11:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Right now I'm 0/49/12. I can tank Karazhan fine. I can tank Heroics fine.
I'm looking to the future. If I will never be a viable 25 man raid tank I need to know now so that I can just respec and start collecting gear for a Holy spec. What I don't want to do is go to Karazhan, take a Tier4 or other tanking piece and find out that it was a waste. If I'm never going to tank past Karazhan there is no reason for me to take the Tier4 tanking set or take any off Tier tanking gear. I should be giving that to the Warriors and focusing on my end game progression in healing.

We NEED Blizzard to respond. Not later, NOW. We have to know if we are intended to be a 5 man/Kara tank and nothing else or if we will be able to tank in 25 mans. Its an issue of how the gear is set up combined with raid timers. Wasting a Tier4 token on tanking gear that will never be used hurts the entire guild, especially when it could have been used on healing gear that would have helped everyone.

I'm tired of Blizzard dodging the subject and not responding. We, as a class, MUST know what our end game role is. If it is only healing so be it, just tell us straight out so we can gear accordingly. Our Ret tree is dead, our Protection tree is worthless past Kara. If neither of these trees are viable we need to know before we start wasting tokens and stealing drops from real classes.

All it would take is a Blue saying "Paladins are not meant to be a end game MT" and we would know. People could agrue and whatever on the forums, but those of us actually playing would know what we need to do to not screw over our friends and ourselves.
#11 - March 9, 2007, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The devs actually mentioned today that Paladin tanking wasn't exactly where they wanted it to be and there would be attention paid towards that end of things. Overall, they do expect Paladins, Druids and Warriors to fill tanking roles in end-game, whatever they may be. While there may be a flavor distinction between tanks, we don't want to (or want the players to) find some rigid hierarchy by which classes are measured in their tanking potential to the third decimal point.
#34 - March 9, 2007, 12:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think that's the favorite part of it all.

Thanks. I liked that part, too. :D