Drysc: Precision + spell hit?

#0 - Oct. 16, 2007, 5:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Apologies for the "BLUE PLZ READ OMGZ", but this is in response to something you said in another thread a week or so ago, and since that thread has fallen to the 5th or 6th page now, I felt it was best to start a new one. The post I'm referring to is here: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2366727539&pageNo=2&sid=1#21

In that thread, the original post was referring to some rumored "leaked" changes coming in 2.3. Among the changes listed was a change to Precision: "Precision now affects spell hit as well as melee hit." In your response to the thread, you stated that all of the changes listed were fake except for three "real and announced" changes. The three you listed as real and announced were the changes to Vengeance (announced as an increase to 30 second duration), Crusader Strike (announced as reduced to a 6 second cooldown) and Precision.

However, I can't find any announced information about a Precision change anywhere, and the tooltip on the 2.3 PTR is the same. The "leaked" patch notes said that it was being modified to affect spell hit as well as melee hit. This seems like a fairly logical change to me, and with spell hit showing up on some Paladin tanking gear in 2.3, it seems that Blizzard wants to give us some spell hit as well. So my question then, would be "Is Precision actually getting changed, or were you merely mistaken?"

Any clarification would be much appreciated =)

EDIT: I guess the post in question was made only a few days ago, these forums move too fast for my poor brain sometimes -_-
#29 - Oct. 16, 2007, 6:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
These are the official notes for each of these changes. I apologize for claiming the Vengeance and CS changes were completely factual, I just didn't bother to see that they had other changes tacked on which were fake.

Obviously these are still on the PTR, still subject to change, etc. etc. The Precision change should be in the next iteration of the patch notes though.

Crusader Strike cooldown reduced from 10 to 6 seconds.
Vengeance duration increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
Precision now increases spell hit chance as well.