Random Paladin Question

#0 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This may seem odd, but I wanted to take a consensus with how many of you would mind if I opened up some dialogue concerning the paladin. Particularly, asking you all some questions. Here's the catch though. The purpose would not be to take information or feedback (in the thread(s) I'd create) to the design team - though obviously if I came across something that came up naturally and wasn't a "thread hijack matter" it's not only my obligation to do so, it's instinctive.

In short, I want to talk to you as a regular player in these threads and if the consensus is positive, I'll explain the "why" further.

Thanks for your time.

Clarification Edit: Though I think this is mostly explanatory, it was a strange approach on my behalf (but there is rhyme and reason), which is what I actually through some of you off. I am basically asking if I could open some discussion with you all, as though I am not a Blizzard employee, particularly a community manager and just discuss paladins.

Sorry if I complicated this matter at all.
#29 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have seen this before, and not once seen anything positive come out of it.

But, if you want to waste your time and your customers, by all means have at it.

Maybe the 10th attempt will yield somthing more interesting . . .

What do you mean, exactly? Maybe you misunderstood what I'm trying to ask here, or maybe I'm misunderstanding you. Please explain.
#39 - Dec. 2, 2007, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I think his point was that he wanted to come here and talk pally as a player, not as a Blue. Get advice or chew the fat on how to pally, so to speak - not discuss official things.

Unless I read things wrong.

You are absolutely correct. Otherwise I would not have made the "do you all mind" post. I want to talk as I'm a regular player and will elaborate further and why and what things specifically.
#71 - Dec. 3, 2007, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Edited my original reply so that some of you better understood the purpose, goal and question behind this thread. Text pasted below as well:

"Clarification Edit: Though I think this is mostly explanatory, it was a strange approach on my behalf (but there is rhyme and reason), which is what I actually through some of you off. I am basically asking if I could open some discussion with you all, as though I am not a Blizzard employee, particularly a community manager and just discuss paladins.

Sorry if I complicated this matter at all."
#78 - Dec. 3, 2007, 12:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

A blue posted almost the same exact question before the butchering of the paladin class at the 1.9 patch. The famous tri-spec was destroyed, and all the good talents were pushed much deeper into the talent trees, making us pay more talents to get what we already had, or simply making it impossible. And no buffs. Oh, and the removal of Seal of Fury, which destroyed pally tanking until patch 2.0.

Basically, every time a blue has asked that question, something bad has happened to paladins.

Thats why a lot of us are rather wary.

Sorry, I think you misunderstood and perhaps I could've worded it better. Here is what I just clarified in my original post:

"Clarification Edit: Though I think this is mostly explanatory, it was a strange approach on my behalf (but there is rhyme and reason), which is what I actually through some of you off. I am basically asking if I could open some discussion with you all, as though I am not a Blizzard employee, particularly a community manager and just discuss paladins.

Sorry if I complicated this matter at all."
#120 - Dec. 3, 2007, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Can't you post on a regular account, one without blue text? We wouldn't even know you were a blue, and you'd get answers just like any other player.

Good question, actually.

You must understand that I've been playing this game since the first internal company build (alpha 1.0) nearly six years ago. I really do love this game, and I love being part of our community. After being a community manager for so many years, really, at least concerning my community involvement -- "Eyonix" is my main. Thus, that's the character I'd like to post when being a " regular player".
#150 - Dec. 3, 2007, 12:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, all. Thanks for the responses. I was nearly just going to make the post, but I felt it was more respectful to make sure you were all comfortable. Going to create a new post with my initial comments/backround/questions and from there we can begin a discussion.

Thank you all.