" Freezing Traps will now cancel combat..."

#0 - Dec. 6, 2006, 1:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
this is in the patch notes:

" Freezing Traps will now cancel combat when cast."

almost enough to fix the dumb auto-melee problem... if it cancels combat when the mob is trapped... not when the trap is "cast" or dropped.

if/when i get on tonight, time to test.... unless someone else can get to this first. :)
#27 - Dec. 7, 2006, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I justed tested this in a duel with my husband and freezing trap is not stopping combat. When the duel started, I walked up to him, attacked, and laid a freezing trap without pushing anything to make my char stop attacking. At no point did I stop attacking and 2 seconds later when he was in an ice block from my trap, I was still attacking so it took him right out of it.

In other words, "Freezing Traps will now cancel combat" is not working.

I'll make sure to let the team know. Most likely this is a bug that will be fixed in the next push. We're still reading everything and doing what we can to give feedback on various issues right now so please feel free to post any other testing you may have done on this for us.
#32 - Dec. 7, 2006, 10:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for the response Neth.

While you're at it, could you make sure to note that Wyvern Sting is not being affected by Readiness?

Do you have more information on this and what exactly is happening?
#34 - Dec. 7, 2006, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

When Wyvern Sting is on cooldown and Readiness is used, the Wyvern Sting cooldown does not reset.

Most of the hunter community is assuming this is a bug, as Readiness is supposed to reset all hunter cooldowns, and the combo has always worked properly on the beta servers.

Ok, I'll put this one in too. This one sounds familiar to me so we'll see if we can find out more.
#47 - Dec. 8, 2006, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Are you sure it's not another case of someone posting in General or Support and having the thread moved here to be "out of sight, out of mind"?

In any case, I'm grateful that Candle is looking into a Hunter issue for us <3

No no, nothing like that. It's just been an obviously very busy week. :(