Storm Crow Form (epic flight form)! ITS OUT!

#0 - Feb. 13, 2007, 11:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
ITS OUT! The quest chain is out! Quest starts from a drop from 2nd boss in Botanica in heroic mode. Leads you to do Underbog in heroic mode. thats just my quick version, look it up at wowwiki! GLEEEE!!!

but I hate Botanica XD
#23 - Feb. 14, 2007, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
fake

why, you ask?

1. The day the patch comes out, the chain quest is posted. not only that, but the timing. its as if whoever posted that knew that it would drop. and i'm not an expert, but doesn't it drop in a raid instance?

2. 25 fel lotus...in less than one day. either they saved up for it or is a druid with such a huge coin purse that they bought ~25 fel lotus of the AH. either way, they did it in less than one day.

3. The topic has been nominated to be deleted. Why? If someone saw it, they would try it out. If they found out it was true, they would support it, not try to have it deleted.

4. Storm Crow form? doesn't it look exactly like our normal mount? If I recall, our current flight form is a storm crow, just like our travel form is a cheetah. They don't call our travel form cheetah form, which is why they don't call our flight form storm crow form. So, are you telling me blizz made an identical, yet faster version of our current flight form? And named it storm crow form?

Sound reasoning, especially on #2.

I am looking into the veracity of what is posted on the wowwiki. However, I think it's safe to say that there is no such thing as [Botanist's Research Notes] in the database, which would be the first problem of this story.

I strongly urge that anyone testing out information from that particular source do so with skepticism and a dispassionate approach.
#35 - Feb. 14, 2007, 1:55 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Confirmed as a hoax.
#42 - Feb. 14, 2007, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you.

And just for a shot in the darks sake, could you tell us if it's intented that flight form does not benefit from mount speed increasing items or is this a bug?

It just seems fairly unfair to make our forms worse than the normal flying mounts, and it also requires us to buy a regular flying mount or we get left behind in groups with paladins or to get a benefit out of certain items.

That is a shot in the dark. :P

From what I know, travel-forms are not mounts, so they won't be affected by mount speed increase items. That is intended behavior. However, that is for right now and it has been suggested before to have druid-specific items that would affect mount speed, but at this point it is speculation whether something like that has been green-lit for implementation.