Amazing what Blizz said when I cancelled...

#0 - Feb. 27, 2007, 8:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
EDIT 2: Thread is breaking soon and another has been continued.
EDIT 3: The Cont thread has been deleted and I'm done anyways - cu round.

Cancelled with a couple of more weeks of playtime left. Blizzard asked why and when I explained that the rules were changed in the middle of the game to ruin the choices I made for quest gear, enchants and items, I couldn't believe what I was told! The phone guy said warriors were really upset by the fact the druids could tank as well as they could...

That (!?!?!?) is the reason for that patch? Not the game balance? Not refining the druid class? Not philisophy of class design? Thats right - MONEY! More warriors play this game 3 > 1 over druids and they're louder and have more people to cancel. Blizzard - that is sick beyond comprehension.

I still enjoy WoW but feel like I've been cheated and want to be compensated so my time was not wasted. Any other company that claimed their product was one thing and sold you another would have to refund your money. I'd like to suggest some alternatives to Blizzard to earn my money back.

1. Let me return to all of the quest givers in the Outlands and trade the gear I took as rewards for other gear I bypassed.

2. Delete my druid and give me a level 60 character of another class.

3. Knock by druid back to 62 and reset all of the Outlands quests.

4. Refund my last 6 months of money paid for my subscription while playing my druid.

5. Post information saying the patch will not go live.

EDIT:

There is some question to this being a troll. No it's not. For clarity, let me state that the phone rep was very nice - professional and clearly was a WoW player that knew enough to carry on a smart conversation. Warrior complaints were cited as a reason for the nerf and I give Blizzard permission to release the transcript of the conversation I had with their rep - they are recorded "for quality assurance purposes."
#121 - Feb. 28, 2007, 1:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The changes being made to Druids were done due to the fact that their damage, mitigation and hitpoints were higher than intended. We based our decision on internal tests, not complaints or feedback from other classes. Even with these changes, Druids will still be viable tanks, and very capable in player vs. player encounters.