My "Impliment 1v1 arenas" petition

#0 - Feb. 16, 2007, 3:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Personally i would love to see this put in the game, I prefer fighting 1 on 1.
I dunno why but it seems more fun to me. Also I tend to spend the majority of my time in this game solo.
I level solo, I pvp'd prepatch solo (the majority of the time) it would be more appealing to me to be able to do the arenas solo.
Honestly I think in the majority of fights I have a decent chance to win, even as a warrior.
For those of you who say go duel I say, make duels rated and then ok sounds good.
For those of you who don't think this is such a great idea sign anyways and then don't play in the 1v1 if you don't want to : )
Persoanlly i do not see any huge flaw in the idea of 1v1 so sign away!

/sign!!!!! <-- does signing my own petition make me a loser?.... dah well.
#22 - Feb. 16, 2007, 6:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We don't allow petition threads so this thread is going to be locked. If you would like to hold a conversation about 1v1 arenas, and the pros and cons therein feel free.

As classes aren't balanced around 1v1 combat we couldn't justify rewarding the victor of the matches. In addition it would go a long way in furthering misconceptions that 1v1 matches provide a lucid image of class balance, and duels have really already gone farther than any of us care in propelling the idea. Ranked matches would set it in stone for many players.