Honor Calculation "Issue"

#0 - Dec. 20, 2007, 9:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After a few weeks of my guild mates and I noticing that our daily estimated honor is WAY higher than what we are actually recieving, I decided to to a little test. Yesterday I only ran 1 BG on my shaman for the day and never left org. It was the only pvp I had for the day. I chose AV because it was the daily. Needless to say we won and took every tower, mine, returned all the wing masters and killed Van. I believe the total honor for the win was 647. I then turned in the daily quest for 419 honor. For a total of 1,066 estimated honor (not counting any hks). Today I log in and discover that my total honor for the day is a whopping 357... Thats almost 1/2 of the AV honor and that doesn't include hks or the daily quest turn in!!

Im not the only one experiencing this either, my guild mates are going through the same issues. Should I put in a ticket or is this just something that everybody is going through and is normal? I just don't see how this could be correct. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time.
#3 - Dec. 20, 2007, 10:15 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please read the following post that explains more about what possible discrepancies you are experiencing based on diminishing returns and Estimated honor tabulations:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=3547877767&sid=1

That may help you track down where the calculations are off.
#11 - Dec. 20, 2007, 10:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Do you even play the game?

I've given information that will hopefully help the OP better understand the calculations in AV. Your question has nothing to do with the information at hand. Try to refrain from such in the future.
#20 - Dec. 20, 2007, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There's no way you just read his post.

Try reading the post instead of just the subject, please.

I've had the same inconsistencies. We aren't complaining about some arbitrary estimation, we're complaining about actual losses in honor. It doesn't happen all the time, but it does happen.

I read it fine. I've pointed them to information that can help track down where "missing" honor may be. Anything beyond that which is unaccounted for, will be better tracked down on our end should there be a bug affecting the honor.

Many people have reported missing honor only to find out that they didn't take into account things such as diminishing returns etc affecting their estimated total. We're working to help people better understand the system as well as helping ourselves in finding any possible issues that do exist once the community has the information they need to find the real discrepancies.
#28 - Dec. 20, 2007, 10:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

neth, thanx for being patient tho I am a bit aggravated.

we are beating around the bush here if you try to point to your blue post.

i have seen this myself more than a couple of times. I will have my daily completed and would expect around 470+ honor while my estimated honor will be around 2k. then the next day my estimated honr will be like 720. i mean, what the heck is that. my estimated honor will also include like 3 EoTs wins and other bunch of honr that came purely from bonus honor alone. not even HKs. now how will anyone not be frustrated. pls explain

I know what you're referencing in this case and I'll try to get you some additional information. (Or one of the CM team will if not me.)
#38 - Dec. 20, 2007, 10:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yeah I thought that might be an issue, but I finished the AV game right before 1 am which "usually" doesn't make it screwy. Thats why Im testing it again today at 2 pm as to eliminate that variable.

Let us know how it goes for you. If you're still getting discrepancies that seem unexplainable, try posting in the bug forum with as much information as you can. This will help the QA Team better look into anything that may be not working properly when doing calculations.
#54 - Dec. 20, 2007, 11:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'll make sure to forward information on to see if there is anything else that we might be able to shed light on. Please understand that if it may not be for a bit given that we're going into the holidays.
#103 - Dec. 21, 2007, 8:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw someone mention two other issues that are known right now. One is that there are display errors in estimated honor. The actual given honor is correct but the display is not properly reflecting this.

There is also mention of an error with the display of bonus honor gain for daily quests or credit not being given correctly. There is a thread here where QA is gathering information- http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2968179624&pageNo=1&sid=1#4

As always, continued information that helps us to track down bugs involving proper credit for honor and honor gains. We'll continue to keep tabs on it all and see if we can sort out the bugs from the normal processing of honor.
#109 - Dec. 21, 2007, 9:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I am having the same problem. I ran 4 or 5 AB, and 7 AV yesterday. I estimated honor that i had (according to the game 4200 est honor) was 4200. I logged in today, and found that I have 3200 honor. I completed the daily as well for 419 honor. (included above in the total)

I know that I cant be precise because I didnt write everything down, but how can I lose 1000 honor points? I am taking into account of the "extra" honor that you might get from going into another bg etc... and at the most would be 400 honor. This would be even taking into account killing the same player over and over again, which I can 100% verify i didnt kill the same player over and over. Even with that, I should still have had 200 to 300 honor (and this is on the low side) than what I had today when logging in.

Just thought that I would add my name to the list.

Thanks. Please feel free to continue posting findings on this. The more detailed information we have the better we can track down any possible discrepancies.
#115 - Dec. 21, 2007, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Please refer to my earlier posts neth. I explained in detail what happens with the daily honor quest.

I picture you standing with your hands on your ears screaming "LALALALALALALALA" right now.

How would I type with both my hands on my ears? It's improbable!