Regarding Arena Queues

#0 - Dec. 4, 2007, 10:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Well first of all, I just want to point out how ridiculous these arena queues are getting to be.

First, it was 2v2's, the times of queues just kept rising as time went on, getting to a max of 16 minutes at one point of the night. I came to the forums to see what's up and found a blue post explaining to play at other times or step up a bracket. So I tried to play at a different time than normal. The queues weren't as bad as 16 minutes but were still pretty long.

Then I decided to step up to 3v3. The long queue times we saw were close to no end and at a max point in the day the 3v3 queues were at 10 minutes. Ten minutes when I was told the queues would be lighter just a bracket up.

What's going on Blizz? This is getting ridiculous now, we just want to know why your not doing a thing about it.

~
#8 - Dec. 6, 2007, 1:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There are too many people queuing for 2v2s (and Arenas in general), overwhelming the abilities of the Arena-instance servers. The maximum number of createable Arenas is less than the demands. No immediate resolution to this is forthcoming as the devs are waiting to see the broader pictures, outside of the 2.3/S3/holidays playing spike. The other choice, adding in hardware and software support for a noticeably higher number of sustainable instances, carries with it far too many challenges to be undertaken lightly.

I don't think I could have said it any better.

We're definitely aware of the concern and wait times as they stand, and we're looking into what our options are to help. That's a bit vague I know, but the options vary so drastically that all we can say is we're not ignoring it.