Arena Team Flags

#0 - Feb. 16, 2007, 6:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I really loved how customizable the flags were..... and very disappointed when the flag in the game itself isn't even our team flag. What is the point of it, then? To show up on our PVP screen where you can't even tell what icon the team chose?

Please put team flags into the arenas or allow us to wear it somewhere at least!
#1 - Feb. 16, 2007, 6:48 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The flags are intended to distinguish teams during the matches and I don't believe we have any intent to allow them to replace the one you wear while in a match. There could be teams with matching flags, or similarly colored flags and the possibility for confusion and error isn't something we want to add in for pure aesthetics.

We do have the flags in-mind for future features, but nothing concrete we could discuss as of yet.
#5 - Feb. 16, 2007, 6:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Perhaps theres a different way of distinguishing teams? you know, by making enemy names red and ally names green? ^_^

Touché, but not everyone plays with player names on. Check and mate!
#9 - Feb. 16, 2007, 7:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Edit - Even make an option for "Showing Custom Flags", for those players who are confident that they will be able to distinguish friend from foe, with resources other than the flags. It can be set to default for skirmish Arena's, and an "Interface Options" choice for ranked Arena matches. People love customization ^_^

Not a bad thought, but I can't rightly say how plausible it is implementation-wise. I'll pass that one along and see what I catch. Thanks!

Q u o t e:
I just don't understand why you would have us bother picking a banner. It's not like anyone is ever going to see it.

Please read my first post, actually just the last sentence will do.
#81 - Feb. 23, 2007, 9:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I wanted to give a quick update that I wasn't correct in stating we don't intend to allow team flags to replace the ones on the players while in an arena. We actually do intend to implement this as a feature (as well as other uses for the flag) although it's currently only on a 'wish list'.

That was it.