Tanking Murmur - run out or eat the boom?

#0 - March 5, 2007, 3:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I have tanked Slabs more than 10 times now, and everytime I do it people seem to have different idea on how to do this guy.

As a tank, I am tempted to just eat the boom and get an overheal right after - that way the rogue can stay in CloS and keep dpsing.

However some people I asked prefer getting the tank out then intercept back in. My problem with this approach is, I have a hard time looking when to run out. This guy is tall, and I can't see his cast bar (if there's any).

The SCT addon I have says "Murmur draws energy from the air" but when I see it, I ran out, still not enough time. When I get hit by the boom it takes ages for me to get back in range with him.

Any pro tank wanna share how you do it?

EDIT: looks like if you have a good healer you can stay in and keep tanking - however I'd kill murmur even if I had a crappy healer.
#139 - March 7, 2007, 6:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
If you can find someone who can overheal you on one shot after 75% of your health is gone then I say you have a heroic healer or a poor amount of health.

Yeah, I was going to say...

I'm not geared to the teeth (yet), but with a little over 1000 +healing pre-buff/trinket I don't think I could even hope to overheal someone that got me to Murmur without already asking them about their lacking health pool.

Personally I prefer the tank to run out, but what ever works for you and your group. I prefer to save my mana and time for the moment that something may go slightly wrong. What's the disadvantage to running out? Maybe an extra minute on the encounter? I can think of a few more for staying in, but again depending on you and your group it could just be more efficient when you're breezing through the encounter already.