Summons in ZA?

#0 - Dec. 12, 2007, 7:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I've noticed that, seemingly as of yesterday (12/12/07), the entire ZA instance is flagged as a no summoning zone. Is this intentional? Regardless, this should be reverted asap. Doing Dragonhawk attempts, when someone would accidentally run off the wrong side of the platform in order to reset, we would usually just summon them over to the correct side and try again. Now, however, they must run through without aggroing any scouts, or the raid has to clear scouts to meet them to avoid getting waves of reinforcements aggroed onto the raid from behind. This is generally just a huge inconvenience and I really don't see the point.
#17 - Dec. 12, 2007, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We had to disable summoning yesterday via emergency hotfix due to some exploits. We're hoping to re-enable summoning as soon as possible. We know it's a big inconvenience and we apologize.

On a related note, we're looking into fixing some issues with summoning that would once again enable us to allow warlocks to summon people into an instance from anywhere in the world. This could happen as soon as the next big content patch (2.4.0) if all of the technical issues can be resolved by then.
#40 - Dec. 12, 2007, 9:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thank God my ZA group did it on Sunday, and we won't likely be going back until Friday.

I hope Summons are fixed by then.

Unfortunately, the fix requires a client patch (2.3.2) which won't be out by Friday.
#42 - Dec. 12, 2007, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
nice, finally able to summon help into arenas!

You won't be able to summon into Arenas or Battlegrounds.