Slouken, a question about autorun

#0 - Jan. 26, 2007, 8:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm working on a mod that involves toggling autorun and the easier use of it but at the moment it's protected, will that ever change? I understand that control of moving forwards and backwards, turning and even jumping could be abused to create a bot but without the ability to turn or jump, is simply being able to toggle autorun on and off a problem?

I'd like to ask if we'll ever be able to toggle autorun at any point from a mod by either the existing function or a new one, I don't really want anything else other than a function which allows autorun to be enabled and it can just be that, just AutoRunOn without the ability to stop it, wouldn't that be no more harmful than follow?

With AutoRunOn I could release my project so it's a request really and I'm sorry to take up time with this because I'm sure that with the Burning Crusade you have a lot of important things you need to do but is it possible that now or in the forseeable future we could have such a function? Even if it's not possible thanks for stopping by to read my topic.
#5 - Jan. 26, 2007, 11:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Autorun won't be unprotected, but you could add an override binding for the normal move forward key to toggle autorun, if you wanted, outside of combat.