[BUG - PTR] Blizzard_FeedbackUI blocks macros

#0 - April 19, 2007, 6:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm getting the following popup error message whenever I try to use most of my macros:

"Blizzard_FeedbackUI has been blocked from an action only available to the Blizzard UI. You can disable this addon and reload the UI."

I have no addons installed. This started happening consistently with the latest PTR patch. When I first logged in, it wasn't a problem. I did a "/console reloadui" at one point and it started happening. I am unable to use most of my macros now even if I log out and log back in.

I should note that currently the blue "?" icon that is requesting me to complete a survey is present - this might be what's blocking my macros. I haven't completed the quest it's talking about so I'm going to try to do that real quick before submitting the survey, then I'll let you know whether this error is still in place.

Examples of macros that are exhibiting this problem:
Q u o t e:
#showtooltip
/cast [button:1] Conjured Croissant; Conjure Food

Q u o t e:
#showtooltip Fireball
/cast [nomodifier:alt] Fireball(Rank 1); Fireball

Oddly, changing the first's conditional to [button:2] (instead of 1) and the second's to [modifier:alt] (removing the "no") makes the error go away for them.

Edit: I also tried entering, not as part of a macro but directly into the chat line, "/cast [noflying] arcane explosion" and it results in the error popup, while "/cast [flying] arcane explosion" does not. (Also, and this is probably a separate issue, when auto-dismount is enabled, attempting to cast Arcane Explosion while flying dismounts you as normal but the spell is not cast. You get the error message "Can't do that while moving.")

Edit: Well, I completed the survey. The blue "?" didn't go away until I clicked it again then closed the resulting window. The error popups still occurred until I did another "/console reloadui" but they seem to be gone now. In any case, there's an underlying problem here that I'd appreciate to see addressed, as well as other concerns mentioned above, and another one: Only 6 out of 18 macros that I've got using the "?" icon are properly showing icons and tooltips - most are just displaying the "?" icon and as a tooltip give only the macro name.
#1 - April 19, 2007, 7:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Can you post the text of macros that don't get the correct feedback?

Note that [button:1] won't ever resolve, since that means "Button 1 is currently clicking on a macro", which isn't true, well, most of the time.
#4 - April 19, 2007, 11:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

#showtooltip
/cast [nomodifier] Fear; [modifier:alt] Howl of Terror

The problem with this one was the trailing space after #showtooltip. I fixed this for 2.1.0 release, thanks!
#5 - April 19, 2007, 11:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

#showtooltip
/cast [button:1] Conjured Croissant; Conjure Food

In 2.1.0 release, this will always show feedback for the Conjured Croissant

Q u o t e:

#showtooltip
/cast [button:2] Conjured Croissant; Conjure Food

In 2.1.0 release, this will always show feedback for Conjure Food
#7 - April 20, 2007, 12:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What would it show for:

#showtooltip
/cast [button:2] Conjured Croissant; [button:3] Conjure Food

It would show the question mark. :)
You should add an argument to #showtooltip in this case so it knows which you want.
#9 - April 20, 2007, 1:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes, more correctly, button:1 returns true, button:anythingelse returns false, and whichever clause returns true is used for feedback.

e.g.
/cast [button:1,harm] A; B
Would show A if you can attack your target, and B otherwise. It would cast A if you used a left click and can attack your target, and B otherwise.
#12 - April 20, 2007, 4:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You're welcome. Thanks for testing things out! :)