Macro feedback w/ target=focus conditional...

#0 - May 31, 2007, 4:19 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey there,

I am using a macro of the form:

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead,button:1]Scatter Shot;[target=target,exists,nodead]Scatter Shot;Scatter Shot;

It seems as though:

a) It does not show the Scatter Shot tooltip on the action bar unless I use #showtooltip Scatter Shot (which tells me something is amiss for a start);

b) Due to a), the out of range indication is given for the trailing Scatter Shot, even though the [target=focus,exists,nodead,button:1] will evaluate to true (that is, I have something focused);

c) I read that there might be the need for the trailing semicolon on the /cast - didn't work;

d) I read that button:1 might fail the macro, yet even removing this didn't make a difference - something focused and not dead will not give me out-of-range feedback;

e) I have reworked the macro to use nobutton:2 in place of button:1, and to use button:2 on the second cast instead of button:1 on the first - no luck.

I am wondering if the macro feedback for conditionals does not work for target=focus, and if so, whether that is intentional.

Cheers,
Mac
#1 - May 31, 2007, 4:22 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Try just #showtooltip and then let the game figure out which tooltip to display.
#9 - May 31, 2007, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hey there,

I am using a macro of the form:

#showtooltip Scatter Shot
/cast [target=focus,exists,nodead,button:1]Scatter Shot;[target=target,exists,nodead]Scatter Shot;Scatter Shot;

It seems as though:

a) It does not show the Scatter Shot tooltip on the action bar unless I use #showtooltip Scatter Shot (which tells me something is amiss for a start);

b) Due to a), the out of range indication is given for the trailing Scatter Shot, even though the [target=focus,exists,nodead,button:1] will evaluate to true (that is, I have something focused);

c) I read that there might be the need for the trailing semicolon on the /cast - didn't work;

d) I read that button:1 might fail the macro, yet even removing this didn't make a difference - something focused and not dead will not give me out-of-range feedback;

e) I have reworked the macro to use nobutton:2 in place of button:1, and to use button:2 on the second cast instead of button:1 on the first - no luck.

I am wondering if the macro feedback for conditionals does not work for target=focus, and if so, whether that is intentional.

Cheers,
Mac

Sorry, I misunderstood what you were asking.
a) That's correct. You can just use "#showtooltip" if you feel lazy or want tooltips with dynamic feedback based on conditionals.
b) Unrelated to a), that's correct; the range feedback is always relative to your current target, not the target listed in the macro conditional.
c) This was only necessary to work around a bug in 2.1.0 for /castsequence with no default sequence
d) No, [button:1] is always true for feedback purposes.

I think b) answers your question. Sorry for the confusion!
#11 - May 31, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
By the way, the functionality that you're asking about makes sense and will likely be added in a future patch.