Pet bar, etc. not updating in combat?

#0 - Oct. 5, 2007, 6:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hey we're taking another stab at protecting unit frames from taint, so if you have steps to reproduce problems like the following, please post them!

* Pet bar not showing / hiding if pet is summoned/dismissed during combat
* Party frames not updating in combat
* Raid frames not updating in combat
#15 - Oct. 12, 2007, 4:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The pet bar bug has been happening to me for months (since the "auto pet-dismiss on mounting" patch) 100% of the time if I pull a pet out (any pet by any means) while in combat. I can totally sympathize. However, this is apparantly a very complicated bug, since some people get it with no addons, and some are convinced that a particular addon causes it.

I have no idea how to tell you to reproduce the bug. It seems that it either happens all the time, or never, for any given person. A few people say they have it happen sporadically, but most are all or nothing.

I just wanted to say that I was FINALLY able to fix this for myself last night. To show how complicated it is.....

A couple months ago I renamed my Interface folder and started fresh. I still had this problem 100% of the time, so I went ahead and reinstalled my various mods (from scratch) and just gave up.

However, last night I decided to experiment with the petbarfix and custompetbar addons. Neither worked. As a last resort, since I had seen a ton of people talking about cooldowncount, I inactivated it. WOW, suddenly no more problem. Now keep in mind I had already tried NO mods at all and still had the problem. Explain that one if you can! I almost didn't try it, since I was convinced that a mod wasn't causing it. Now I'm thinking it has to be a complicated combination of factors.

I have no idea why this happened. I do know it was not a coincidence. I did fairly extensive testing. Each time I made a change, I would test against various mobs, in various zones, with various characters and pets. Every change I had tried previously (including 0 mods) resulted in this bug occuring 100% of the time. As soon as I got rid of Cooldowncount, but left my other mods all running, this bug has occurred Zero times. Still, I am hesitant to pin down blame, since I know that many people who don't run that mod, or any mods are having the issue as well.

Its possible that sometime in the last couple months, something has changed enough in the code that if I were to disable all mods today it would still be fixed, I just don't know. But that was my testing experience. Anyway, I wish this would get fixed, since it impacts more than half of the classes in the game, and severely hinders two, but I begin to comprehend why it still hasn't.

Wow, great write-up. BTW, does Cooldowncount use or replace CloseWindow() or CloseAllWindows()?
I just fixed a problem in 2.3 where any AddOn that hooked either of those functions would prevent the pet bar from showing in combat.
#16 - Oct. 12, 2007, 4:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Everytime my guild swaps players from one group to another group in the middle of a fight during a raid, the icons do not update. Healers end up healing mages and shamans instead of the main tanks...=(

Can you narrow it down to a minimal selection of AddOns? If so, can you post a link to a zip file containing those AddOns?
#30 - Oct. 20, 2007, 4:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The taint log support is in 2.3 on the test realm. Please post followup feedback here:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=2518903044&sid=1