You're wrong Slouken...(throttling)

#0 - Oct. 28, 2007, 11:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The throttling thing isn't fixed. My macros that I use to setup healing in a private channel my guild uses that are multi-line still get blocked, and if I change them to guild they're still blocked.

Please fix this guys, this is killing me. :(
#5 - Oct. 29, 2007, 9:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The throttling thing isn't fixed. My macros that I use to setup healing in a private channel my guild uses that are multi-line still get blocked, and if I change them to guild they're still blocked.

Please fix this guys, this is killing me. :(

How many people are in this private channel? :)
#8 - Oct. 29, 2007, 10:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
They're not allowed because we don't want N^2 messages where N approacheth the number of people with AddOns on one side. :)
#27 - Oct. 30, 2007, 4:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
You're right, I was misinformed. Improvements to this are incoming, as servers get restarted.
#37 - Oct. 30, 2007, 9:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes, I've been told that improved throttling is live with the realm restarts today. The throttling is set to15 messages in 10 seconds for all channels.
#40 - Oct. 30, 2007, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So that would mean the magic number for addons would be to only send a data message no sooner than every 0.67 second.

You don't really want to try to get close to that number, simply because you want to avoid problems caused by network congestion. A better throttling number might be a message every second.

Q u o t e:

Now to see if that number is workable with addons like GEM and large guild alliances.

It had better be. :)

Believe it or not, this is actually a good thing. It means that AddOns are less likely to cause you to be disconnected due to flooding.
#56 - Oct. 31, 2007, 8:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I think I figured this out.

Do those of you who are still seeing problems have any problems when you disable AddOns?
#58 - Oct. 31, 2007, 8:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yeah, it looks like the throttle is for all channel messages, but I'm double-checking before I confirm.