Stop casting question

#0 - Nov. 12, 2007, 1:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I'm trying to use stop casting to interrupt my heals and begin a new one, however, I am having a problem getting it to work properly. The stopcasting is only working for every other cast. I've tried it in two different setups.

First one was just making /stopcasting its own macro and binding it to a key. It worked every other cast. My second attempt was with the clique addon and I made the stopcasting macro built in with a /cast macro for my gh 7, again every other cast it would work. Am I doing something wrong or is this not something this macro can do?

By every other cast I mean the following:

Start casting
use /stopcasting, spell stops casting
Start casting
use /stopcasting, spell goes through
Start casting
use /stopcasting, spell stops casting
start casting
use /stopcasting, spell goes through

I'm using quartz to time my interrupts but it doesn't really matter when I hit the macro on the 2nd attempt the spell always goes through.
#10 - Nov. 12, 2007, 3:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
In 2.3 you don't need /stopcasting, you can always try to cast before the end of your current cast. This gets the cast to the server sooner so it's more likely that your casts will go back to back.

A couple things to note:
* The global cooldown is client side, and you can never cast more often than the global cooldown (when it's triggered)
* This doesn't reduce your cast time. If you send your cast too early, it'll still fail because another spell is in progress.
* Careful timing is always better than spamming. Prior to 2.3, you were always penalized by your latency when casting. Now you're only penalized if you cast too early. :) People who used to use /stopcasting are familiar with this, but now the penalty is simply a round trip from the server instead of canceling your previous spell.
#14 - Nov. 12, 2007, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Therefor you can just click the button (or another) during the lag and it will act as a stopcast.

No.
#15 - Nov. 12, 2007, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Basically it will be like using a /stopcasting but you don't need to use /stopcasting, it will just cancel the spell like it would using a macro.

No.
#16 - Nov. 12, 2007, 3:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Try my post... more help less blah

No, don't. You need more blah, his post is incorrect. :)