Chat Window Moving - Help Please!

#0 - Jan. 30, 2008, 10:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm hoping someone can help me on this, it's driving me nuts, lol.

Yesterday I did a fresh install of MazzleUI; I decided to test it out real quick but decided not to keep it for now as I'm attached to my previous layout... . I followed all the instructions for installing, and then un-installing and everything seemed to work fine.

Until later on. I had 2 chat windows; one sitting at the left corner of the ui for main chat, general, guild.. etc... and then the other for my combat log, hooked on the opposite side at the right corner. I decided yesterday to merge the combat log back into the general window..

Well, now my chat window jumps up a couple inches from where it's at.. and every time I have to move it. It happens every time I log in and out. I lock the windows too, and every time this happens it comes back unlocked.

I've searched everywhere for answers and tried pretty much everything I can think of... I checked my savedvariables for any prior connections to MazzleUI and none of it remains.

I use X-Perl Unitframes, Bongos2 and Cycircled to name a few. Plus your general raiding mods. I didn't have any problems till after MazzleUI though..

I deleted my WTF folder and logged in; I moved stuff around a bit, logged out.. then when I got back in the chat window had moved again. I've tried deleting the chat and layout cache's.. and it still does it.

I don't have the time for a fresh install atm and would rather not have to do so; it's probably a minor problem that I'm missing. :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
#1 - Jan. 30, 2008, 11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Kinaren,

Remove the WTF, Interface, and Cache folder from your Wow folder. If you're using Windows Vista, please remove those folders from the following location as well:
C:\Users\<your windows account name>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files\World of Warcraft

Once you've done that, please try again and see if you continue to have the same issue.