Fix Alleria.

Forum Avatar
#0 - Aug. 25, 2006, 2:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We have been unable to raid for three days in a row now, you have 14 days to get our server on new hardware or you're gonna be out some money.
#345 - Aug. 26, 2006, 6:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Our programming and network folks have been watching this realms performance over the past couple of days. The internal email thread is actually rather similar to this thread in that there aren't many specifics aside from 'It lags a lot'.

I'll tell you what we do know:

- User server profiling data appears normal during peak hours. After an overview, the realm appears to operate normally from our end.

- Instances are seeing a great deal of load. There doesn't appear to be anything wrong with the hardware, but it does get slower during rush hour traffic. This is pretty much an unavoidable factor when considering realm stability.

- We have accounts of this being limited to inside the continent. During some latency spikes, New Zealanders have not experienced the same latency spikes that players in North America have. This could possibly be due to networking issues or who knows what.

We would like to provide more in the way of things that we can do on our end, however our options grow slimmer. We are continuing to look into matters more deeply on our end.

In addition, 18 pages of 'FIX IT, BLIZZ' provides very little information to build some sort of case study. It also ignores the complexity of the issue. Playing the blame game is going to result in a continuation of these problems, as it provides nothing to the situation.

I don't want to see you all frustrated, but you are also contributing to your own frustration a great deal.

So, following this post, I would recommend providing specific details about where, when and what you are doing when this latency occurs. Does latency spike after certain actions or is it a consistent matter? Anecdotal evidence is closer, but it doesn't really help to know that 'lag killed me in AB' and that's it.

More detail and case history can provide a better picture of what is going on here.

Quite simply, there is nothing yet that we can fix, however we are continuing to look for it. Help us out.