Character Transfers and Extension 9/22/06

#0 - Sept. 23, 2006, 3:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The paid character transfer service is currently experiencing issues which may cause errors when attempting to transfer a character. We are aware and our database engineers are working to correct this as soon as possible.

We have recently corrected the issues affecting free character transfers, which are available between 3:00 AM PDT and 3:00 PM PDT Monday through Friday. Due to the recent issues and the transfers currently open on Dath’Remar, we will be extending the transfers until Thursday, September 28 ending at 3:00 PM PDT to help those of you wishing to transfer.
#28 - Sept. 25, 2006, 3:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So there are free character transfers and only through Monday to Friday at 3:00 AM PDT to 3:00 PM PDT

I never heard of that before. Is there a seperate link for this or is it with the normal Character Transfers?

These transfers are being offered to the Oceanic players at current and are not free for all. I apologize if there has been any confusion about that.

*Edit- Are people still have issues? If so, I'll see if I can find out the current status.
#31 - Sept. 25, 2006, 5:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When I can get an update for you all I will. I believe it is a known issue at this time and is being worked on.
#48 - Sept. 26, 2006, 6:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We'll be able to assess the situation better once the Tuesday maintenance is complete. It is still being looked into and transfers are processing when the service is up. We are working on tracking down the issues for those that aren't having success however.
#53 - Sept. 26, 2006, 10:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just an update. The Free transfers should be functioning normally again. Characters that are stuck are still being looked into at this time.

*Edited for updated and correct information.