Again WOW -Europe gets the news...

#0 - Sept. 27, 2006, 3:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=44604709&sid=1

Why is it that WOW-Europe gets news that closed beta invites going out 9-27 and we didn't even get a footnote? Again we here on the original WOW site get left behind concerning big news and others get to hear what they have been waiting to hear. Why is it that we have to deal with an air of secrecy all the time here concerning any information from CMs that is readily given on the WOW-Europe forums?
#12 - Sept. 27, 2006, 4:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For one, they are ahead of us in time. For another, we work to make sure that we all have the same information but since they are ahead of us in time they sometimes get the jump on us by a little. We already discussed a little bit about beta invite plans yesterday on our forums as well so technically jumped it by a tad on our end. :) We normally do what we can to get information out around the same times when possible.

It's still early here so give us a little time to wake up, get the cobwebs off and get going for the day. We aren't purposefully attempting to keep anyone in the dark vs. our European teammates. We aren't in competition or anything like that.
#15 - Sept. 27, 2006, 4:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I know people who won the contests, and people who went to Blizzcon get in on the beta, but will a few players be selected randomly as well?

That is a possibility still, yes.
#32 - Sept. 27, 2006, 4:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Invitations go out by email when they are sent. That's why it's important that people are careful to have all of their contact information up to date.
#44 - Sept. 27, 2006, 4:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Any ideas when we are going to receive the invites for the "first wave"..? Today...next week....?

No, I don't have an eta for when invites will be sent.

I am always amazed at how simple things seem to people when they aren't a part of the process. :)