BC -Stealth Runs

#0 - Sept. 30, 2006, 5:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So, I was thinking about what druids bring to the table unique to most other classes, and I came up with we are the only tanks and healers who can stealth. While stealth runs are nothing new, I know they never seemed popular while leveling, and after you've been 60 a while there isn't much useful that you can farm for by stealth runs.

BC could change that. While I doubt we'll see any stealth 25 man raids, with fresh 5 man content with worthwhile drops, I can see stealth runs for actual character advancement as being extremely possible. Even stealth 10 man raids might be doable, assuming encounters aren't TOO geared toward having key classes present.

As long as you have one Rest druid, and one tank druid, you fill the other 3 spots with rogues and cat druids and tear it up. I think this combo would easily do well as a regular 5 man, and when you add in being able to skip the parts that slow you down, I think we end up with a very powerful combination come the expansion. Best yet, there is no arguing over druids stepping on someone elses toes because no one else can do a stealth run and tank or heal. And there is no shortage of rogues, so it should be easy to fill up the group. (Hell, some of my rogue friends are already worrying about finding their way into xp and loot groups, since there is so much dps out there already.)

So druids, start forming up stealth teams so you'll be ready to go when the expansion hits. It's going to be a lot easier than doing a "feral druid LFG" or "moonkin lfg" Even resto druids sometimes have a hard time getting into 5 mans when the group doesn't have a back up resser, and having multiple druids in a stealth group at least gives the group a few more resses.
#1 - Sept. 30, 2006, 5:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I might mention that with Mages getting invisibility, there potential for stealth running increases a fair amount. The composition of the "stealth" group might be expanded beyond with Rogues and Druids.

Just a thought. ;)