Official South Park Thread!

#0 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Okay, many of us saw the episode and many of us didn't. Lets use this thread (since the other broke) to discuss the program so that a) we're not ruining it for others who still intend to watch it, b) we're not spamming the boards, and c) I can come to one location to join in on the fun. ;)
#39 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
MOM .. BATHROOM .... BATHROOM BATHROOM

In my humble opinion, he really should have used a sock. It would have been subtle, but more visceral and would have really hit the mark.

I'm just guessing Matt and Trey are not familiar with that particular colloquialism.
#45 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I enjoyed it and laughed. There were a few things I enjoyed most.

First, I loved the detail and internet/gaming lingo as well as the use of a voice program and listening to it. It sounded like many a session I've been in.

Second, I loved when Stan's dad had to ask how to give him the sword. Here was this epic panicky moment and you see the hesitation... "Uh... How do you pass something from one player to another?"

Third, Butters showing up looking the same as Cartman and Cartman telling him to reroll.

I enjoyed the fun that it poked and took it all in the sense of fun that it was intended as.
#46 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I want that sword, Eyo. Give it to me.

Well the human tongue is commonly referred to as a sword in certain literature, in so much that words possess the power to do real harm. So, how about each day I give you one truth, and eventually -- on a long enough time line, you will have received a sword of a thousand truths.

Disclaimer: Eyonix is sleepy, and shouldn't be held accountable for the ridiculous things that may appear on the boards as a result of such.
#62 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I enjoyed it and laughed. There were a few things I enjoyed most.

First, I loved the detail and internet/gaming lingo as well as the use of a voice program and listening to it. It sounded like many a session I've been in.

Second, I loved when Stan's dad had to ask how to give him the sword. Here was this epic panicky moment and you see the hesitation... "Uh... How do you pass something from one player to another?"

Third, Butters showing up looking the same as Cartman and Cartman telling him to reroll.

I enjoyed the fun that it poked and took it all in the sense of fun that it was intended as.

Totally agree. Must say though, my favorite part, beyond a shadow of a doubt was very near the beginning when we first saw them in-game just about to pursue their quest, when in front of them appeared a half-naked human who began to dance (soon to be revealed as the main villain) as Cartman remarked, "Oh man, not this guy again".

I believe if you've played World of Warcraft for one month or more, you've met "that guy" in some iteration.
#75 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You realize that I can use that against you, correct? Such as, in truth, do I get a Beta invite? Or, in truth, what's the release date? Maybes and soons don't count, whelp.

You underestimate my true power, my dear Freckles. I'm careful to leave my self outs. It's a matter of self preservation.

Lets play out one of your scenarios...

Freckles: Hi, Emonix...so, can I have a beta invite?

Eyonix bound by truth

Eyonix: Um, no.

Eyonix 1 World 0?
#139 - Oct. 5, 2006, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

myself or my self....

Fixed!