BC & PvP Rewards, what do do right now?

#0 - Oct. 10, 2006, 9:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I bought the game on Day 1, played until April this past spring, and then quit until a few weeks ago when my roommates goaded me into rerolling Alliance (currently have a lvl 31 rogue). I did the raid game, and quite frankly, I quit because I wanted my life back. Thus, when I rerolled, it was with PvP in mind. More BG's then Honour system rewards (as the Honour grind is worse than raiding).

Problem is, I'm only halfway through friendly with WSG and halfway through Neutral with AB, and I'm afraid that I'm gonna barely get honoured with both, and then BC will come out and it won't mean anything anymore.

I know that Blizz isn't going to release specific details of the new Arena/Honour system as they are subject to change, still in beta, etc. etc. but I was wondering if anyone (even Blue maybe?) knows if there is going to be any kind of compensation/carry over for work already done in the existing systems. I know that you will be able to display your highest honour system rank, but what about current rep in the BG's?
#5 - Oct. 11, 2006, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If they are reputation-based rewards, there is a good chance you could acquire them before the expansion.

If they are Honor-based rewards or needing a specific rank to acquire, that will not be as easy.

To answer the last question, there isn't really any kind of compensation being offered for points that are being removed. There simply isn't an equitable way to quantify the value of old Honor points to New honor points. EVeryone is starting fresh and the chips must fall where they may.

Yes, we realize this is catching some people in an awkward position, but that is practically always the case with any change made to a game like this. Retro-active compensation would be debated from here to eternity if we were trying to compare the values of two distinct systems.
#15 - Oct. 11, 2006, 1:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
While your answer was clear about the Honour system Tseric, I'm primarily concerned with the BG Rep rewards, to which I basically got: Don't slack, cross your fingers, and you might make it before an unknown deadline.

Could you offer anymore insight into this aspect of it?

I don't really know what more I can say about it. The reputation rewards are being rolled over into the new Honor system. So, if you are just short of exalted at the switch, you will have to 'start all over' so to speak.

Again, reputation points do not translate into new Honor points. Your reputation ranking will have almost no bearing at that point.