Adult/Mature Servers

#0 - Oct. 31, 2006, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Adult/Mature Server

Sure its been suggested before, but its time to revisit.

Give me a server where I can play in the relative comfort of an asshat free environment.

I raised two teenagers. I dont want to spend my gaming time with them every night. I can only take "Your mom" or "Chuck Norris" or "lawl" so many times. I can only stand to see character names of "Stingerirwin" or "Hahpooplol" before I feel like gouging my eyes out.

Heres where you make a TON of money Blizzard, cos' im pretty sure other 'adults' would feel the same way.

- Adult Only Servers. Entrance onto them is only allowed after filling out and signing an affadavit stating that you are over the age of 25. Make us get it notarized and send it back. Were patient, we can wait for some mailings to get conducted before we play.

- Charge me more. Yeah, Id pay more to play on a server of like minded people. Really. Like $5/month more. Hell, id pay $10 just to roll a character there.

- No transfers. Make us roll new and bring our characters up. Oh, and if more than three servers go down (1 if they are PVP servers), suspend character creation.

- Have an additional password to log onto the Adult server. One that little Timmy wont have access to. If a parent/sibling gives the password to a youngin', ban them. Hell, shard their gear, delete them and spread the money to all active players who put up with it.

Think of the benefits.

- No farmers. Bots would be easily recognized and run off. The griefing would be FAR lower than what you find (Yeah, adults are asshats too) now.

The language might be civil. Sure there would be arguments, but my bet is they would get resolved. Those that scam the AH or Ninja, would quickly find themselves unable to find a group. If you think about it, theres a ton of good here.

Downsides?

Yeah, it would probably never amount to more than a low to medium pop server. Who cares, your making more money per sub. My bet is, there would be enough interest here that the server would fill up population wise.

I cant think of any others.

And probably the best reason to have and Adult or Mature server?

It will be evident in some of the posts to follow here, Im sure.
#432 - Oct. 31, 2006, 10:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You jump to broad assumptions of the age group of those that are producing the behavior you're opposed to. I imagine your surprise with a smirk on my lips upon seeing you meet some of them face to face. Even if it was something we wanted to do, and even if the impossible could be overcome and we could properly enforce it, the problems you equate with maturity have nothing to do with a person's age.

As this thread has been filled to the brim with intolerant, inadequately thought upon and ignorant statements, it's being locked.