Druids and noggenfogger

#0 - Nov. 16, 2006, 4:59 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok so let me explain a little about myself before i go on and on about this issue

I love Noggenfogger

Playing as a skeleton just for some reason is really appealing to me. I almost always use it everywhere for my warrior and my shaman and druid. I have spent hundreds of gold on noggenfoggers on all my characters, and once i get my mage closer to the upper 40's ill be doin that quest as well.
Second i am just gonna say I AM EXTREMELY upset by the noggenfogger change and druids.

Super Duper really *@()$@$()@#*$(@*)$(@)($(*^_!&( ANGRY rawr >_<

And i'll leave the negativity at that.

One i am mostly upset that druids will now be the only class that cant actually USE noggenfogger at all due to needing to shapeshift constantly, which in my opinion is really silly. And im sure that any future items that are fun and enjoyable like that will also not be usable for druids at all (Halloween wands anyone?)
Two i am upset because for some reason you have removed a fun and incredibly awesome item effect, and for what? I hear its because of PVP?
I dont know what the devs reasons were, but i want to find out. I see this kind of thing happen more and more with interesting things in the game, and that really saddens me that the only things you can come up with are just new content that replaces old content rather than improvements to the world and new games and fun things. and current fun and interesting things are being changed to boring or removed.

What i would like is to hear Specifically from the developers why they made this change.
Second i would like to find some way where we druids can still retain noggenfogger forms and our animal forms, and possibly find an alternate solution rather than just having it removed entirely.

I planned on making a pvp/pve movie for all three of my 60's instead of just one, but they would all be in skeleton form, and if this change goes through, i will not be able to do it.
Can we work something out please?
#5 - Nov. 16, 2006, 5:31 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
What i would like is to hear Specifically from the developers why they made this change.

Well I'm not a developer, but I think I can answer your question.

It's no longer usable as we don't intend for druids to use any consumables from inventory (ie bags) while shifted. It's a blanket change, it doesn't discriminate.

[edited] Paragraph removed as it would become the center of the discussion despite any disclaimers I put on it.
#12 - Nov. 16, 2006, 5:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

you dont seem to understand that it was the only fix to the cat form range bug....the one where your head has to be 3 feet in front of them to ravage....yeaa....that...

noggenfogger fixed that. we had to use noggenfogger to fix it because the devs wouldnt fix us. way to take away the only fix we had. /bitter

It seems it would be more appropriate then to place your anger/concern on the correct issue.
#29 - Nov. 16, 2006, 5:50 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
and to add...its not a "bug" persay we just refer to it as such. The special attack hitbox isnt the right size is what it seems. I can auto attack and take hits in range...but i cant use specials. (tested this against a warrior and a rogue)

Please post this on the bug report forum but I'll also follow up on it.
#56 - Nov. 16, 2006, 6:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I believe Drysc made a mistake in that sense. Consumables, at least some consumables are able to be used in Feral forms.

http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=6686

http://www.thottbot.com/beta?i=2720

There was a brief period of time on the beta where certain consumables were flagged as usable in some forms, and that has since been reversed.