With xrealm BGs, why are PuGs still vs teams?

#0 - Oct. 1, 2006, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
With cross realm BGs, the pool of players for battlegrounds has gone up. Now, there are always multiple games going in each battleground.

Previously, the reason Blizzard allowed PuGs to be placed against organized teams was so that there would actually be games playing. Now there are always games playing, regardless.

So why are PuGs being put up against organized teams? With Vent/TS, an organized team will always win, regardless. Nothing can beat the instant communication combined with a group of players dedicated to working together (meaning Priests actually heal instead of DPS).

This problem is compounded by the fact that PuG players who re-queue usually end up fighting the same organized team, until they /afk out or stop queueing for a while.

I'm all for giving organized teams the competition they want (other organized teams) instead of the free honor they get now.
#6 - Oct. 1, 2006, 8:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The next planned content patch will contain a matching system for the battlegrounds that will attempt to pair up groups based on various factors, including organization. We fully expect it to help in the majority of games, but your opposition is not always guaranteed. I do think with the changes to the honor system the entire process will become a bit less stressful as far as winning/losing and the factors that contribute.
#28 - Oct. 1, 2006, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You can't see how this will be expoited?

lawlz

Give me an example and I will tell you that we have already thought of it, and that it won't work. :)
#36 - Oct. 1, 2006, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Okay...
I queue for battlegrounds in my Lovely Purple Dress and nothing else. :p
Before entering the battleground, I switch to my Tier 3 (that I wish I had, assuming it wasn't straight healing gear, you get the point).
Do I end up in the bracket for people with Naxx gear, or the bracket for people with gear with no stats on it?

Thought of it, it won't work.

It will check your bags, so you would be put up (ideally) against other Naxx geared opponents.
#43 - Oct. 1, 2006, 11:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
that wont work. they could join, with greens on. then go run get their gear from teh bank

Faiz only asked about bags, it also checks your bank.

Q u o t e:
Will it check vendor buyback too?

I'm not sure, but even if it didn't check you would only be able to get some small advantage for a single game. I don't see that as being a real big problem.