Fansite BC beta contests...part2

#0 - Nov. 28, 2006, 2:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Sorry to remake this but the other one reached its limit and I'm still wondering... has anyone else got their keys yet? =/

BTW I pulled this outta the old thread cause it was awesome:

Q u o t e:
By Emiras:

Ode to the wonderful Moderator,
Kids with asthema use a Defribulator,
That she may free us of the waiting,
And I do not understand why everyone is hating.

Her Candle shines a glimpse of hope,
how am I supposed to smoke all this dope,
that shortly we may recieve our keys,
but until that time my new mage will continue to freeze.

Spamming refresh on my in-box,
btw, I love to sit down and have "long talks"
For hope off the Blizzard "Golden Ticket"
I'll make you some Chicken and Biscuits

We still love you Nethaera. Even though you lie to us and give us false hope! (jk) But I still want my key.. today please? :D
#5 - Nov. 28, 2006, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Are you done with your Coffee and Donuts yet Neth?

I don't eat donuts but I did have a nice white chocolate cafe mocha. It was tasty.

No update for you beyond what I said before. They will most likely (no promises) be sent out this week. We have a large batch that is being processed. Just please be patient a bit longer. You know you've won, you know you're being processed, just sit back and relax and it will come. Just be sure you don't have your spam filter shuffling it somewhere else though. :) Sometimes spam filters don't like our emails.

Be happy your computers are working. Mine went pffffzt at home so I am now trying to troubleshoot it. I am NOT a happy camper on that front but I'll figure it out. (I think it's just a power supply.) Of course this could be a good excuse now to get it up and running and then replace it for a new, sleeker, faster model. I just can't play at home right now. :(
#72 - Nov. 29, 2006, 5 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm wondering, Nethaera, is there any chance you can give us a confirmation here when the keys have actually been sent out? I'm not asking to know ahead of time, I would just prefer an "Ok, they've been sent! Expect mail soon!" If that is possible, I would appreciate it, since I worry whether or not I am on the list, and my mail server isn't exactly the most reliable thing...

Or on the flip-side, is there any confirmation you can give us that we are indeed on the list? All the contest winners? Specifically Stratics in my case. I just want to know whether I will be in this batch or end up waiting longer... I really hope not, since beta's bound to end soon...

Well thanks for your support anyway, Nethaera. Good to see at least some of the CMs care.

As soon as I have confirmation they've gone out or about to, I will try to let you all know. Unfortunately any confirmation about whether you are on the list or not would need to be verified by whoever you might have won your beta through.

I hope that helps a bit.

*Today was a Venti White Chocolate Mocha and a croissant. As for dreams, mine last night was that I pushed the power button on my computer and it started working after all. Needless to say I was disappointed that it was just a dream. I have a new power supply on the way though. :)
#110 - Nov. 29, 2006, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
A blue post would be lovely, about now.

I posted a bit earlier in this thread letting people know that as soon as I know for sure when they are sent that I'll post. I can say that it should be this week still and have no reason to think it will be otherwise. More than that, I can't say as of yet since I don't process them personally.
#115 - Nov. 29, 2006, 8:04 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, everyone. I have an update!

At current we are showing we are caught up on all of our invitations and if for some reason you did NOT receive one as of yet and were indicated as a winner in one of the various contests, we would like you to email the following address: wowbcbilling@blizzard.com . That is going to be the best source to contact to get a resolution. Please don't post your information on these forums or anywhere else so that your information stays secure. Calling the billing number or contacting the regular billing email address will not help you in getting a quick resolution as much as using the email I just put here.

Hopefully we can get things resolved for those of you that are still waiting for a legitimate invite.

*Edit- Please don't forget to check your spam box and filters since the Blizzard email address is sometimes wrongly tagged.
#117 - Nov. 29, 2006, 8:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Nethaera, you're amazing. Should we e-mail our account info and such?

Note the email that you registered at the contest with and who the contest was with. I.E. "WoW Vault Contest" etc. That should be the best information that you could provide.
#163 - Nov. 29, 2006, 9:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We are doing checks on our end and would like you all to make sure you send in to wowbcbilling@blizzard.com still so that we can better track down the invites. We haven't stopped action on our end in this regard. I appreciate all the information that people have been able to give in this thread.
#200 - Nov. 29, 2006, 11:05 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So, Neth. Another, moer SERIOUS, question if I may: What does this mean for us? Will we be able to get this resolved quickly? Or is this another week or 2 of waiting? We already have a pretty tight schedule to get to the high level content in the beta, and each day time is ticking past.:(

Is there any kind of estimate you can give us on how long it'll take to get this mess sorted out? Any info you can give, as always, would be appreciated.

We are hoping to resolve this ASAP. I really will give you more information as I am able but as of this point in time I don't have anything more to tell you. We have been double checking submissions and lists to make sure we haven't left anyone off and are working to see where we are on the processing end of things so we can get this taken care of for you all.

If I'm not posting here it's because I don't have anything new to update you with. I will keep checking up on things as I can though.
#234 - Nov. 30, 2006, 12:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That's a good question. Though if they have, they're probably busy playing!

We have confirmed that a significant number of players have in fact received their invitations and have activated their keys. So there are most likely many who have been too busy playing to post on the forums here.

For those that have not received theirs as of yet, they should expect them within the next couple of days. Keep that email address handy that I posted as well JUST IN CASE you don't see it come by the weekend.

We did have some 'downtime' in which we didn't send out keys due to the Thanksgiving holiday and some extra maintenance that was going on so that we weren't adding more of a load to the realms but that delay is over now.

Hopefully this information will help to keep the monsters from visiting you in your dreams tonight. ;)
#247 - Nov. 30, 2006, 12:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Thank you for your diligence, Nethaera... Seriously. It appears that it's paid off as a bunch of us at WarCry all got ours at almost the same moment.

Thank you, again, for putting up with us. :)

My pleasure, but you can thank Tyren as well for doing a lot of footwork on his end and checking into things. I think he is done talking to me for this week though. ;)
#302 - Nov. 30, 2006, 11:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm really starting to lose hope - I wish the people at Blizzard would actually read my emails so they could see what the problem is instead of replying with a form email.

We received the correction from Stratics this morning and forwarded it to the appropriate place. From there I don't know when the send time will be but hopefully sooner than later.

Most likely the best thing to do in regard to the IGN contest is to contact them to find out if you were on the winner's list. They can always get in touch with us on your behalf or you can send to wowbcbilling@blizzard.com or you could do both to cover it from both angles. I don't know anything more though in this regard.
#304 - Dec. 1, 2006, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
While you're here reading, Neth, can you confirm whether any "winners" from WoWInterface.com were include in the last push of emails? Thanks! :)

I'm not involved at all with anything in that site's regard otherwise I would be able to give you more information on it. IF for some reason I hear something, I'll drop in to let you know more.
#312 - Dec. 1, 2006, 4:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
ive been waiting 3 weeks from a contest type and still no answer, thanks for forgetting us this push blizzard.

Please make sure to email wowbcbilling@blizzard.com . Also it would help to know what contest you are referring to. "A contest type" doesn't help me to ask the right questions.

I think if you counted up all my responses in this thread, you'd see that 'Blizzard' has not forgotten anyone. We are doing what we can to make sure we haven't missed people that are suppossed to be receiving beta invitations. It's not as if we are trying to purposely cause people not to get in when we've said they could.
#314 - Dec. 1, 2006, 5:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This player did receive his Beta key, thank you for following up Nethaera

My pleasure.