Please re-instate the old LFG channel

#0 - Dec. 7, 2006, 6:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm not sure if there's one of these up already, I tried looking for one unsuccessfully so don't get mad if this is like the 8 millionth one of these you've seen

However I'd like to start a petition to simply re-instate the pre-2.0 LFG channel. The new LFG tool may work just fine and I'm sure people will still use it (Personally it didn't work well for me at all but I've heard varying tales of success) but as it stands its not working well for many people, so at least until it does it would be really nice to have a reliable way to get a group together.

Furthermore the channel itself was fun, helpful, and useful. I'd just really like things back to how they used to be.

And i realize you can simply /join lookingforgroup but that's a user created and moderated channel and any single player shouldn't be able to moderate an entire server's lfg/global communication channel

Anyways I'm very interested to hear everyone's opinion on the matter. Or if you feel the same way i do feel free to just /sign away

-Wrex
#20 - Dec. 8, 2006, midnight
Blizzard Post
The LFG channel will not be making a reappearance. The LFG interface is something that we would like to continue to develop and enhance where possible. The best way for us to be able to do this however, is to see people using it and finding the weak spots so that we can do just that.

If you feel you'd like to continue the discussion on this, I'd suggest doing so without creating it as a petition. We don't allow petitions due to the fact that it encourages people not to take part in a conversation but instead just leave a message of /signed.

Thanks.