Why do I feel like I hit Westfall too soon?

#0 - Dec. 18, 2006, 12:57 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I always arrive in Westfall around level 10, early 11, but that's just too soon for many of the quests there. (Not that being level 60 would help much with those freakin' mages.) It's just that I hit the barrens around levels 12-13, and never before.

I'm out of quests in Elwynn, am I just too good a player, or do I keep missing a quest hub?
#2 - Dec. 18, 2006, 1:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
As a tip, something I commonly do is go to the starting areas for another race. Take the tram to Ironforge and do quests in Dun Morogh and then go back to Westfall (or don't, go to Loch Modan) and you'll be more than appropriate for the level range.

Westfall is a steep leveling area anyway, but I've also found that with overly efficient questing you can sometimes actually hurt yourself and end up a bit too low. It's not a big deal, just take some time and get yourself up to where you should be.

You can also just stay in Elwynn and grind if you really want, but I think Dun Morogh is your best bet for easy/fun leveling. It also helps you a little bit if you're going for IF rep to follow the Dwarf/Gnome leveling zones.
#61 - Dec. 18, 2006, 9:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As a tip, something I commonly do is go to the starting areas for another race. Take the tram to Ironforge and do quests in Dun Morogh and then go back to Westfall (or don't, go to Loch Modan) and you'll be more than appropriate for the level range.

Westfall is a steep leveling area anyway, but I've also found that with overly efficient questing you can sometimes actually hurt yourself and end up a bit too low. It's not a big deal, just take some time and get yourself up to where you should be.

You can also just stay in Elwynn and grind if you really want, but I think Dun Morogh is your best bet for easy/fun leveling. It also helps you a little bit if you're going for IF rep to follow the Dwarf/Gnome leveling zones.

I concur. I've done this myself before. Dun Morogh is a great mid area to move to for a bit before hitting Westfall.