There is no double 30% nerf

#0 - Dec. 15, 2006, 9:24 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Just ran this simple test on a mage to remove doubt. I played 2 AVs. First one to completion earning 324 bonus honor. Second one I /afk'd from (in case /afk is having an effect on the numbers) earning 211 bonus honor from. I had no HKs at all in either game (was hard to avoid but was able to do it). Today when honor was updated, I earned 535 honor for the day. Exactly as expected. Those claims didn't seem right since all my characters had earned very closely to what my honor estimation mod said they would. But I had to test to confirm.
#2 - Dec. 15, 2006, 9:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Interesting enough, thank you. We're continuing to investigate the claims regardless though.

Now where did that thread go?
#9 - Dec. 15, 2006, 10:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Might effect some realms not all D

Interesting thought. It seems unlikely, but I don't know enough about how these types of changes are applied to discount it. I've never seen or heard of a fix hitting some realms and not others, but that certainly doesn't mean it's not possible.

If anyone happens to know of or gather information on this occurring for multiple players on specific realms then it may go a long way to helping us track down any specific issue.
#27 - Dec. 15, 2006, 10:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I'm pretty sure the 50+% nerf is real. I pvped approximately the same amount as a pre nerf day when I got 7k honor, and today I got 3.5k.

If that's not proof, I don't know what is.

Well, something a bit more scientific would be proof, you're looking at arbitrary honor gains and comparing them against arbitrary honor gains. I'm not saying you're wrong, but, I'm just saying...
#35 - Dec. 15, 2006, 10:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Drysc, do you believe it is ok for me to pvp for 14 hours straight and only get 8k honor, then when I post it about it, it gets deleted?

If your post is mirroring other posts that you could reply to instead of creating a new one, then yeah, probably. Just make sure you're looking for other threads of a similar issue before you post, and if it gets deleted, take another look and think about what you're posting and if you're following the forum rules with the post.
#45 - Dec. 15, 2006, 10:39 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
One last thing, are all these AV hiccups a way Blizz is trying to help shutout the afk'rs, or is this a conspiracy on my part? :P

Heh, I would say your Reynold's wrap tiara is probably on a bit too tight, yeah.