I've been around so long that I've seen....

#0 - Nov. 27, 2006, 4:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I am feeling nostalgic so I want to have a list compiled of old WoW nonsense that was fun. Here goes:

- I've been around so long that we killed Drak without kiting him
- I've been around so long that warriors were not only overpowered but insane in pvp
- I've been around so long that the words 'Tarren Mill' meant 'insane world pvp'
- I've been around so long that seeing a level 60 meant that I was dead meat
- I've been around so long that reading /1 There's a rogue on this server level 60 with 1000g ' was awe inspiring and the idea of 1000g was unfathomable
- I've been around long enough to remember gambling and idiots who lost 10 000g to gamblers
- I've been around long enough to know about manipulating AH prices to make 30 000g in a month
- I've been around long enough that at one point I had thought Warlocks were worthless 2nd-rate casters (lawl)
- Been around long enough that 40 man raids in Hu strat that wiped to battle mages was the norm

Basically I've been around since open beta. I've heard nice things about closed beta, like Paladins being able to fear UD players, exorcising them, etc. I've seen videos of one paladin, using consecration, ret aura, no forebearance, spamming BoP, DS, DI, etc and killing a literal army of UD npcs.

I remember reckoning bomb, world first Onyxia (lol Korea).

I miss it all :(
#16 - Nov. 27, 2006, 5:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been around so long I remember rogues having Bucklers and mages killing people from invis. :)
#41 - Nov. 27, 2006, 5:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

That thing hasn't left my bags in 1 1/2 years. It also hasn't been used in about that long.

I'm pretty sure I sold mine long ago.
#68 - Nov. 27, 2006, 5:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I also remember in beta when elite mobs could see your ghost when you were dead and trying to recover your corpse. lol Boy, that made resurrecting 'challenging'. ;)