Sergeant Discount after PvP Change?

#0 - Oct. 27, 2006, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm curious if anything similar to the current 10% discount will remain available after the PvP changes are put into place.

Currently, you can grind up a little Honor and get a nice global discount. As far as I've seen, this will be removed when players can no longer acquire the rank. Is there something you can do with your Honor points, like a 1-time quest, that will result in the same "status" to get the discount, or are all future players just out of luck?

Much appreciated if anyone can link a Blue post explaining this, or if a Blue poster comes in to respond.
#27 - Oct. 28, 2006, 8:44 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As far as I know, there isn't going to be a certain level or achievement to grant a discount for items in the honor system. From what I have seen, armor and equipment will have a static value of honor.

Consumables will be mostly a gold cost, with each item costing one honor point. Other than that, most equipment will be offered at a single, unchanging value.

Also, if you happen to be exalted in all Battlegrounds reputations, there will be an additional title available after the reputation rewards are merged into the new honor system.
#39 - Oct. 28, 2006, 8:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Exactly. I'm not looking to drop the 25k Honor-token price, but the general prices from vendors.

If it is related to Battlegrounds in any way and is being merged with honor system rewards, as all of these items are, then I do not believe a 10% discount will be attainable. General prices from vendors will be static, as your reputation for BGs or previous Honor ranking will not have any bearing on the new honor system.

The other points were just for grab-bag info. Sorry if that seemed tangential.
#40 - Oct. 28, 2006, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
You and Tseric share the ability to misread my question. I want to know if there's a way for future characters to gain the 10% discount from merchants available to current characters who have reached Rank 3 or higher.

No, because the 10% discount will not exist for any character, future or current.
#43 - Oct. 28, 2006, 9:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So... even the characters who have been at Rank 3 are losing the 10% global discount?

As far as I know, yes.