Av and why does the horde lose?

#0 - Oct. 13, 2006, 4:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I mean we totally own in ab and wsg why does the horde have such a hard time in av?
#10 - Oct. 13, 2006, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I must be an oddity because I don't remember losing an AV before as Horde, either before the change or after. We've generally just pushed through and fallen back as needed to clear the rear then pushed on again. Sometimes it can be back and forth but I have been enjoying AV.
#34 - Oct. 13, 2006, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yeah, I gotta call BS on this one.

I respect Community Managers, but in this case, if anybody else posted with anything but a 60 with rank, we'd call them a troll. This CM is trolling.

How many games have you played? Tell us what server you play on, or which battlegroup you're in, and we can get some corroboration. I"d like to hear other horde players from the same battlegroup tell us that their win ratio is satisfying. We're not talking about internal test servers either. Retail servers are what counts here.

I'm sorry but I grinded from neutral to exalted and I probably won about 6 games. I know some players who never won a single game on that same stretch.

Post with your main, noob.

I've played many games since AV was introduced. I couldn't possibly tell you how many though since it's not like I keep count. ;) No, I won't tell you what realm I play on or the battlegroup. Sorry but there is a certain value in anonimity when you are in my position. No, this wasn't on internal test realms.

In my experience though, I've not encountered any problems with not being able to win. Perhaps I've been lucky to get in on good AVs where people were focused. I've also generally played with a consistent group of people for years that I know have my back.

I am by no means saying that I believe that there aren't groups that have lost more than won as Horde. But, I tend to lean toward the idea that both sides are winning and losing relatively regularly depending on the makeup of the people in the AV at the time. It doesn't seem as skewed as some people make it.

You can choose not to believe me if you wish but I'm basing my observances on my own experiences and that of many others that I know personally.

Also, we play both sides, Horde and Alliance on a regular basis. :)
#84 - Oct. 13, 2006, 5:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, can you tell us if the devs are - at least - looking into this? Horde are losing far-and-wide across the board much, much more than the Alliance (and please don't even try denying this except with hard numbers or an official statement from a dev).

There are many things being worked on at this point in time including addressing bugs that exist currently. I can't give you a list of things at this time unfortunately. No, I'm sorry, I can't give you solid numbers. They aren't mine to release and I don't think it would make any difference in the argument one way or another. People would still have a debate about who really is winning more, if the statistics are accurate and myriad other things. Numbers don't solve the debates no matter what. All it does is changes the dynamics of an argument and adds new questions.

Also to address the 'group' issue. I don't mean we go in as a group since you can't anymore but we do try to get into the same AV if we can and at the least stay together.