The Expansion Isn't Coming Out Till March?

#0 - Oct. 11, 2006, 3:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I pre-ordered a copy of the Collector's Edition a few days ago at the EB store at a local mall. The management said, "Upper management just got back from a conference, and we were told that the expansion probably won't come out till March." I asked why their release date in the computer said Novermber 29, 2006. She said that is just the latest date in their computers, which is not even a date that is close to the actual release date. It was made clear at the conference that the expansion will not be coming out any time soon.

How true is this?
#2 - Oct. 11, 2006, 3:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Until you see a date announced by us, I'd call it 'not true'. :) We don't have a date as of yet to announce.
#13 - Oct. 11, 2006, 3:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I call BS. :P

Go Fish! :)
#27 - Oct. 11, 2006, 3:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We've been saying we are shooting for Q4 2006 if that's what you mean. ;) We are still saying that but we are also not committing to any particular date and holding to the idea that if we feel we need more time, we will need more time. When we have a date we will give one. All things in good time my friends.
#71 - Oct. 11, 2006, 4:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Keep in mind we are not going to have an open beta. While we are testing a lot of content, we are not testing an entire game from scratch either. The timeframe for testing while important is not as long as what most may be thinking of. Of course, we will also test as long as we feel necessary as well.
#92 - Oct. 11, 2006, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Sure you will. It'll start when the game hits store shelves and be called "Release". ;)

Can I make a request for a new joke? This one is a bit frayed at the ends and is looking terribly worn. It will never do for the winter!
#256 - Dec. 27, 2006, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=46505599&sid=1