41 pnt Holy Priest talent Explain this plz

#0 - Dec. 12, 2006, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
New 41 point talent:

Circle of Healing Rank 5: (requires lvl 70?) 600 mana, 475 - 525 healing

Heals target party member and other party members within 15 yards of the target.

Old trainable talent:

Prayer of Healing Rank 2: (requires lvl 40) , ? mana (I am at work... not sure)

A powerful prayer heals party members within 30 yards for 444 to 472

Rank 5: requires lvl 60 , ? mana heals party for 1041 - 1099 30 yards

Can someone PLEASE tell me why on Azeroth i would spend 41 points to acquire Circle of healing???? Please... anyone?? no really....... hello....... is this mic on??!!!???

EDIT: spelling
#7 - Dec. 12, 2006, 5:43 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe that some of your numbers are slightly off, but not enough to invalidate your point or even lessen it, I think they're pretty close.

The main difference is that Circle of Healing has a 40 yard range when casting, and heals others within a 15 yard radius of the person you've targeted. That has some amazing tactical uses; that you can sit (likely well) out of harms way and send heals to a group of players. To equalize some of that ability the healing potency isn't as strong as a normal prayer of healing maybe, but I don't think it's anything to be scoffed at either. I would be surprised if the talent was completely overlooked in strategies for future dungeons and encounters, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was relied on for more than a few.
#36 - Dec. 12, 2006, 6:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

There goes my hopes of them EVER replacing Circle of Terrible.

HAHA!!

You've summed up your displeasure with something by replacing one of the words in it to a negative, thus providing us all a quick and easy way to refer to it while still showing how much we dislike it! How original and smart!