Patch Required for Burning Crusade- 1/09/07

#0 - Jan. 9, 2007, 5:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As the Burning Crusade expansion was finished prior to the most current patch versions it will be necessary to re-patch to 2.0.3 once the expansion is installed. As some players remove their patches after they have been applied we would like to provide a helpful warning not to delete the “2.0.0-to-2.0.3” patch file as it will be required after the Burning Crusade is installed.
#10 - Jan. 9, 2007, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I have a question thats slightly off, but do we have to have Windows service pack 2 installed in order to play BC? I've heard complaints from many people who have installed it and arent satisfied by the results. If this is the case I guess I might as well get to it. ugh.

The best place to ask this would be the tech forums. Service Pack 2 does have extra security features that you might want anyway however.
#36 - Jan. 10, 2007, 12:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Yeah do we really have to install the expansion next week? We just can't activate the code on our account and go?

Yes, the expansion CD contains content which isn't included in any of the recent patches that have been released.
#81 - Jan. 14, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
One thing I'm uncertain of is whether it will install 2.0.3 then you try to login again and have to go through the same process of installing 2.0.4 or whether it will incorporate the two - I suspect it will need to be done as two seperate processes.

As they're separate patches they'll install separately, but 2.0.4 is pretty small so it should be a quick update.

Q u o t e:
My apologies for the length of this post - I wanted to make it simple and cover all the steps in detail (which I hope I've done).

You did. Thanks!