Frostbolt 11 vs. 12 lives on! =)

#0 - Jan. 18, 2007, 12:28 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Something is wrong with Blizzards logic regarding this. Other spells did not suffer the same penalty as Frostbolt for being a book drop. For instance…

Healing touch. Rank 10 is learned at lvl 56 720 mana, heals for 1890-2230
Healing touch Rank 11 was one of the AQ books, 800 mana, heals for 2267-2677 (huge upgrade)
Healing touch Rank 12, learned at lvl 62, 820 Mana, 2364-2790, not a huge upgrade, but still an upgrade.

Arcane Missiles
Rank 7 595 mana, 192 damage every second for 5 seconds, trained lvl 56
Rank 8 655 Mana, 230 damage, was the book drop
Rank 9 685 mana, 240 damage, trained at lvl 63. Not a huge upgrade, but still an upgrade.

I could research some more, but I think these two examples show that Blizzard is not consistent in their logic regarding this.

Lets keep the conversation civil in this thread so we don't get it locked.

#19 - Jan. 18, 2007, 1 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Here is something that should spur the discussion.

Rank 12 is getting buffed. Don't have the exact numbers, but it should be around 20-25 points for max damage. Should be going in with the next patch.

Sometimes, this job is an emotional rollercoaster, heh.
#30 - Jan. 18, 2007, 1:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Tseric, this is great news... I would really like to delete my post in the other topic now as a gesture of good will towards you regarding the work you have obviously done in the last hour or so for us, but its locked :-)

I think this is a great outcome, and whilst I can understand this result cannot occur with every disagreement I believe more of this kind of "action" should occur when faced with clear and glaring customer dissatisfaction.

Hate to say it, but you turned it from really bad to really sexy... and <gulp> th...th...tha.....<grit teeth> ..thanks Tseric.

:)

You don't have to delete the post. What you can do is not personalize issues in the future. Flying off the handle the moment you discover an inconsistency in the game helps no one in the long run.
#43 - Jan. 18, 2007, 1:25 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Imagine every day being so "eventful"

I don't have to imagine. I spend my off time imagining a much less "eventful" environment. :P