BC is great, But im disappointed about...

#0 - Jan. 23, 2007, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The fact that its too easy (fast) to get to 70.

I was expecting, And im not the only one, that lvling to 70 should take arround the same time as 1-60...

Well it looks like its more equals to 50-60.

On our server, we already have a good chunk of people at 70. In our guild we have 3 already.
I am near 63 and i play very casually.

only ONE week after the BC launch... and we see some lvl 70 in HP killing everyone in the PvP spot...

Ok i know.... QQ

QQ
QQ
QQ
QQ

Yes im QQ ing

#16 - Jan. 23, 2007, 4:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
\

Could it be the blue posts that actually stated it would be that way?

However most of the people that have leveled this fast have power levled with groups and insane AOE.

See how long it takes you to get there and then judge. the End game hard cores will always sacrifice fun for achievement. Just enjoy the ride.

Put all the hardcore stuff into life and enjoy your game.

We actually countered that idea more than once. When people have asked, "How long will it take?" we've responded with, "It depends on your playstyle." Many people then attempted to pin us down to a period of time.

There will always be those that are able to level far faster than anyone else. But how much of the population do those people make-up? Right now the people that are level 70 are the most visible both on the forums and in game, but how many more are just starting to level? How many more are just now 61 or 62?

Probably the saddest part about the race to 70 is that there is so much that those people have probably missed on such a fast journey. I'd like to hope that they take their time now and revisit areas or try new quests that they passed on somehow.

I'm leveling when I can, but I'm trying to do all the quests I can and experience as much as possible so that I am better informed when talking with the community as well as so that I can more fully enjoy he journey.
#29 - Jan. 23, 2007, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
(Spoilers ahead minor but there.)

Actualy Neth to address your point. To "defend" persay the few who did go so fast. I know I experienced alot of the content. I never left a zone till every quest I could see at that time was done and I love the lore you guys have put forward so I always read the nice story tidbits. The part with Thrall wanting to storm off to outlands that very moment he found out about that tribe was very nice. The zones are also a very nice touch. The dragons impaled on those giant spikes was very nicely done. Area 52 made me laugh alot especialy the flashing light.

Your hope is also very close to home. I know many of the first to hit it on my server are going back for quests they may have passed over and cracking some instances groups out. The race was just part of our fun. Friendly competition. ^~^

I realize not everyone dashed past everything. So please don't take what I said to apply to every person that has reached the cap already. It was more a plea for those that dashed to take a breath and then go back to see what went whizzing by.