So, another 15% honor nerf incoming, eh?

#0 - Dec. 18, 2006, 7:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are rumors circulating about an additional upcoming 15% honor nerf (much like the "rumored" 30% honor nerf 2 weeks back, that the CMs downplayed)

When is it? Tomorrow or next week?
#43 - Dec. 18, 2006, 9:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
There are rumors circulating about an additional upcoming 15% honor nerf (much like the "rumored" 30% honor nerf 2 weeks back, that the CMs downplayed)

When is it? Tomorrow or next week?

The thing about starting rumors like these after an actual event is you're most likely going to get people believing it. I say, good timing on your part and striking while the iron is hot. Top notch! And my favorite part is where you negate anything that I say with your comment about CMs downplaying the change to honor gain. You pretty much made it so that anything I say on this is suspect right at the start.

#78 - Dec. 18, 2006, 9:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Although I like the above CM, :)

Did you notice she specifically made sure NOT to deny the claim?

I'm not being caught with my pants down... AV's all night for me....

I would thwap you but I don't know you well enough to know if you'd take it badly or not.

No, there isn't a *nerf coming. This is merely someone's attempt to stir up more 'fun and interesting' comments on the forums.

Just to be on the safe side I've added a disclaimer for all those that are going to save this for a few months down the line and try to quote me out of context.

* The poster is unaware of any plans for near future patches that involve any further honor adjustment also known as a 'nerf'. The 15% rumor is just a rumor to heat up the forums on these cooler winter days and while we appreciate the gesture of bringing warmth to the forums, we will be obliged to squelch any further such 'rumors' with extreme prejudice.

**Changed tries to try. ;x Grammar 4tw.
#134 - Dec. 18, 2006, 10:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's pretty simple in this case. I was tried and found guilty before I ever posted in this thread. Despite that though, I will continue to post and work to help inform the community where I can. I enjoy getting to help where I can and I love my job. I expect a certain amount of being flayed and fried by people, it's the nature of the beast.

When Drysc and I posted (which the post I posted in was removed due to the fact that extended maintenance was canceled and thus my comment went with the thread) the information we had at that time was that no changes were coming. This is the nature of the beast. We want to help and get out information to players as quickly as possible and due to the nature of MMOs that information can change even after we've posted.

I am accused of acting like a child when I point out the fallacy of the OP's words and them setting up any CM as a liar from the start of their post. I am simply pointing it out as the setup that it was and the expected response of "you're a liar" has been the result. Had the OP actually wanted the rumor dispelled and given validity they would have simply asked if it was true without the disparagement tossed at the Community Team.

This is in fact a rumor. Believe me or not as you wish. I've done a double check and at this point, there are no expected changes. Please feel free to further twist my words and flame. I'm not going anywhere.
#156 - Dec. 18, 2006, 10:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

A tad defensive, aren't we? I do not envy your job on these forums, but when your first post is one of defensiveness and self-accusation via interpretation of someone else's words, it just breeds mistrust.

I do not think the attitude of the players on these forums is completely wrong, but neither do I think it is in your power to change that attitude until you and your coworkers are given completely up-to-date information to dole out. I must also believe that information is withheld by your dev team intentionally. Just my two cents.

Take a break and calm down.

LoL.. I'm perfectly calm. If you've followed my posting history, you'll notice I'm generally pretty low key. However, in cases where I'm essentially put up for a firing squad, I'm going to be a tad more assertive. I'm not attempting to change attitudes. I realize people are still fired up from last week. I'm simply giving information and defusing false rumors. People will read into my text anything they like from anger to sadness if they want just as you're reading into it that I'm upset. I've faced far worse than this before. :)

To the well wishers- Many happy returns to you and yours. May you survive the holidays and live to tell about them.
#184 - Dec. 18, 2006, 11:11 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Nethaera, since you are reading I will not attack you, but ask you a simple question. Why was a nerf put in when a daily cap on the amount of honor you get would have been better? This would have made it possible for Casuals to get gear as well as keep premades from exploting the honor. The cap would have made CM's and Developers a lot of points in creditability gain by implanting a fair system with no way to exploit it. Many of us would have been ok with a 5k daily cap.

Capping honor gain wouldn't pan out well either. We would essentially be telling people to stop PvPing at 'x' point. We don't cap experience that you get in PvE either. We just have the rested bonus to go with it the same as we have honor bonus. (Though granted slightly different in their implementation and reasoning.) We don't want to punish people for PvPing "too much" and at the same time are trying to make sure that there is enough wiggle room for people to gain those hard to get items they never thought they would get by getting rid of the honor decay.

I've seen arguments from other posters for and against this idea before.
#200 - Dec. 18, 2006, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Wasn't that the whole point of the nerf in the first place?

Yes and no. The PTRs don't tell us how people will react when some things go in because people tend to be a bit more casual in their playstyle. After all, why work hard toward gaining rewards etc if you're only going to have them go 'poof' with the next wipe? What happened was simply that not JUST the hardcore were PvPing a lot, but EVERYONE was. And while we don't want to spoil people's momentum, we also don't want to have it be over before everyone even blinks. "It" being the road to attaining those upper end items. We want it attainable but we don't want it to be thought of as way too easy. It needs to be challenging still in the end.
#222 - Dec. 18, 2006, 11:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I have to disagree with you here neth, there is a cap on exp. right now it's level 60 and soon to be level 70. Also you could say that by not getting exp. from mobs too high or low in level you've (blizz) has capped exp.

Technically there is a cap on how much honor you can have at one point as well. :) But those aren't daily caps. What is being suggested is a daily cap which we don't want to do.

BTW- For those saying I'm playing the victim. I'm not. I was merely pointing out the setup the OP went with. :) I chose my career. I like it. I'm fine with the discussions that go on around issues. I'm not fine with personal attacks on either side of the fence. No one is the victim. This is a game and a game that changes based on many factors including game data and player feedback. We will continue to make the decisions we feel work best from as many angles as we can.

*edited to finish a sentence.
#230 - Dec. 18, 2006, 11:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

that's wall fine and well, but where is my thwap?!

If I did that, others would claim that it was evidence of the violence inherent in the system. :(

BTW, any further attacks toward me or other CMs on this thread are going to end up in suspensions. Discussing the issue is fine. Trying to malign me or anyone else is not. I've already suspended a few people and deleted their posts.

Thanks.
#323 - Dec. 19, 2006, 3:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Here is more information about the perception that people are seeing more than the 30% reduction:

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=56617236&postId=574644618&sid=1#365
#365 - Dec. 19, 2006, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So any chance you guys are planning on providing us with something usefull to do with the marks I got that dont have the honor anywhere near enough because I was playing the BGs to win, and not to farm HKs?

This is something that is in consideration at this point in time. I don't know if anything will be done or what that will come in the form as but it is well known that players are accumulating marks fast enough that they have a surplus. When we have more information to share on our plans, we'll let you all know.

#431 - Jan. 25, 2007, 2:32 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Everyone i figured it out.............

The honour you gain from Hks is completely gone (at least for me it is) The only honour points I get are from completing BG objectives.........

No.