Scam artist NPCs in Shattrath??

#0 - Jan. 23, 2007, 8:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes I am one of those people that buys everything they see in infomercials. So as a result I also fell into a scam in Lower City. There is a troll NPC named Griftah that sells various neck amulets that claim special properties.

Being that I am a Mage I was intrigued by the “Polished Pendant of Edible Energy”. The description reads: “Focusing one’s metabolism, this pendant allows the wearer to draw great energy from ordinary food and drink – even heal wounds!”

So I purchased the item and proceed to configure Itemrack to equip it anytime I eat or drink conjured food in hopes to regen my HP/Mana quicker. Well guess what, it doesn’t work!! I tested my mana regen rate BEFORE and AFTER equipping it and both times I remained at 346 mana every 2 sec.

*deep sigh* I guess I’m a fool for falling for this scam, but I’m really surprised and disappointed that Blizzard actually has NPCs in the game selling things that don’t work - especially when it costs 25g! Now I’m off to test the “Compassion Critter’s Friend” with my riding gear, although I highly doubt it will work either which puts me out another 20g.

***Consider this a strong warning to anyone else thinking about purchasing these items, and shame on you Blizzard***
#7 - Jan. 23, 2007, 8:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Caveat Emptor.

Or better yet, what you see is what you get. ;)
#39 - Jan. 23, 2007, 9:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I would hope that people enjoy the comedic value of such a vendor. He mostly has an RP value to him as well and is only meant in good fun.

While the price may seem high to you, please try to remember that gold is much easier to come by than it was before and will be easily replaced.

I already have plans of sending out gifts of soap on a rope to some Orc friends. Perhaps they'll take the hint, or maybe just eat it. Either way they or their breath with smell better. ;)
#73 - Jan. 23, 2007, 9:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So your priest is horde.... :'(

I didn't think my gnome friends needed soap on a rope. All gnomes smell like candy. I thought everyone knew that. ;)
#230 - Jan. 24, 2007, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There are far too many extremist comments and arguments in this thread. We are talking about a virtual world in which fictional money is exchanged. Real world analogies do not properly apply and can't possibly apply in this case. This is an RP element in an RP game nothing more. It is flavor that adds to the facade of living in a real and interactive world and it's only meant in good fun. Take it as it is meant to be or avoid interacting with it but it is not an element that warrants a mass uprising of the masses in order to right a terrible wrong.
#452 - Jan. 25, 2007, 9 p.m.
Blizzard Post
While I realize there are many strong emotions tied up in this, please do not start down the path of trying to critique someone's parenting. That has no place in this forum.

Thank you.

Color denotes rarity btw. This is true. Rare does not always = value however. It just means there is less of it than other items depending on color.