Rogues are fixed.. why cant warriors be?

#0 - Jan. 27, 2007, 8:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Cloak of shadows , shadowstep(against kiters/ runners) and deadly throw (against kiters/runners), lowered cooldowns, more damage, improved poisons.

Have pretty much fixed rogues form being broken in pvp and they are now perfectly fine.

Before these, rogues had a lot of the same problems warriors had.. so why can't blizz fix warriors, since they obviously know how.

The biggest gain we've gotten from tbc is second wind, and that's going in the right direction but it's still not enough. Sure a good warrior will own most classes, but we are still simply just the most broken class, not even in just pvp now, but in pve too.
#1 - Jan. 27, 2007, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The devs would agree that the Warrior has some performance issues in PvP. They are keeping this in mind for future adjustments. However, they also want to see more of the warrior population level and gear up to hit end-game, where various weapons and items are going to change the average performance of warriors.

Things like having the PvP trinkets on a 2 minute cooldown rather than previously as a 5 minute cooldown is something they'd like to see more players get their hands on. While a lot of warriors are concerned with early/mid-game leveling and see imbalances there, the warrior's gear dependancy factors into this a fair amount.
#6 - Jan. 27, 2007, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

You want a balance a class around endgame level 70 raid gear only a minority of players will get?

I don't believe I mentioned raid gear, specifically.
#14 - Jan. 27, 2007, 9:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I just want to see warriors' utility increased, to offset the fact that our bearform is as good as a warrior but with a lot of utility.

At end-game, warrior tanks are going to be blocking and parrying and have gear to support that. Bear tanks aren't going to see the same damage mitigation and this gap will serve to define the tanks differently.
#24 - Jan. 27, 2007, 9:16 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

The shorter cooldown on the PvP trinket will make almost no difference at all in the arena. In 9/10 matches, you'll be able to use it once, no more, just as you would if you had the 5 minute trinket.

I'm thankful that at least there's been an acknowledgement that there's an issue.

Well, trinkets can be applied to more than just the arenas. However, on that note, the devs themselves are looking forward to hitting the arenas with their own warriors. They seem rather optimistic about being able to smash face proficiently.
#76 - Jan. 27, 2007, 10:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Warriors complain that nobody plays a warrior.
Warriors complain that devs play warriors.

I don't get it.

It's a spiritual belief of some that after seven minutes into a conversation, most people are not discussing the topic, but trying to win an argument for their own personal gratification.
#210 - Jan. 28, 2007, 2:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Warriors at launch were widely believe to be the gimpest of all classes, possibly tied with warlocks. In those days people were running around with mostly greens with one or two blues. They whined about the exact same things as they do now (i have no dps, I have no rage, why are paladins superior to me in every way, etc). Then people started gearing out of Strat/Scholo, as well as actually farming pre-60 instances so that they had all the blue gear out of Uldaman, ZF, ST and later Maraudon. Then what people found out was that when the gear improved, the Warriors improved dramatically. Factoring in lvl 60 end game gear, now warriors were widely believed to be OP and everyone except frost mages were crying about them.

Fast forward to today. Most people are either in their pre-expansion gear, just starting to farm the 61-63 instances, or if they are 70 most likely trying to farm the lvl 70 instances in their pre-expansion/green quest item gear. Of course they suck. What Tseric is saying is, wait until warriors are running around in all lvl 61+ expansion blues and then see what happens. Buffing them now when they are, for the most part, undergeared is just going to put us in the same situation as in the past where buffs were applied before people got their gear upgraded.

That said, I think Protection needs some multi-target hate generation talents at around the 21 talent point level :P

Thank you for looking at it from a long-term perspective. Your comments very much reflect the devs thinking. Of particular note is your closing sentence of the second paragraph, which I will quote again because it is probably the most significant.
Q u o t e:
Buffing them now when they are, for the most part, undergeared is just going to put us in the same situation as in the past where buffs were applied before people got their gear upgraded.