Why no new Battleground in BC xpack?

#1 - Feb. 4, 2007, 8:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Arenas are the new hotness. The first season begins February 16th I believe. Enjoy.
#4 - Feb. 4, 2007, 9:02 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Arenas are the new hotness. The first season begins February 16th I believe. Enjoy.

What happened to Ashara Crater?

EDIT: Second! Never had a first...
#18 - Feb. 4, 2007, 9:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
They should add at least two more arena styles, like one jungle arena set in Terokkar where the arena has been overrun by shrubbery, trees, and vines and has steps along the side and possibly two levels.

They should really have more than just two arenas.

We're definitely going to be adding more as we go, and probably sooner rather than later. Of course we'll give you a big shiny page with details when we're ready to announce something.

We also aren't abandoning the battleground system by any stretch of the immagination. We have some pretty cool ideas in the works, but nothing we can discuss just yet. You'll have to be patient. Enjoy Eeyots, the arenas, and we'll talk later.
#37 - Feb. 4, 2007, 9:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hardly. It's more like the new "dreadfully boring and pointless investment in time above and beyond anything else the game has to offer." There is no real story behind it at all. Just a mindless PVP fest. At least the Battlegrounds have a genuine story and purpose behind them.

Is it wrong of me to have read that in the male blood elf voice?

So it doesn't interest you, ok. Thanks for letting us know.